Another life lost to this dreadful disease

Lisajb

My 39 year old sister Dominique died today, quietly and without fuss, exactly as she had lived the last 5 months since diagnosis of inoperable PC. She tried Folfirinox but only managed two rounds as the vivacity of this combination was just too much for her already depleted body. Dom never complained and took on each new stage of this dreadful illness with dignity. I am so sad that she never really had a fighting chance to be close to the 3% who somehow beat it. She will be missed by us all.

Our loved ones deserve more than the look of defeat that passes through the eyes of those who recognise the implications when hearing that the cancer is pancreatic. The statistics suggest it is 6th in the ranking of frequency - it doesn't feel like only sixth as I have met more people with a close relative who died of PC in the last 5 months than any other cancer. What needs to happen to change this desperately sad situation for so many and create more survivors by design not luck?

I felt I needed to mark the end of her fight in some way and this forum with its wealth of knowledge and constant ability to give support and kindness seemed the best way to do this.

Thank you.

Lisax

Dear Lisa

So very sorry for your loss. Your sister sounds so incredibly brave - such sad news.

You are in my thoughts.

El x

Edited by LMD

Slewis7313

Lisa, I am really sorry to hear that Dominique has succumbed to this dreadful disease at such a young age. Some of us are given time to at least try and fight this thing, but in Dominique's situation that was very sadly not the case. I, like many others here will be thinking about you at this difficult time and the days ahead as you try to come to terms with the terrible loss.

Please take care.

Steve

X

So very sorry to hear that your sister, Dominique, has lost her brave fight and at such a young age. We are thinking of your and your family, and wishing you the strength to get through the coming days,

Take care,

Nikki

So sorry to hear your sad news, Lisa. As you say, it is such a tough cancer to get the diagnosis for. I do hope real progress is made soon although it will undoubtedly come too late for most of us on here and our loved ones. Thinking of you today and am sure you will find comfort and strength any time you want to post on here.

Didge x

PCUK Nurse Jeni

Dear Lisa,

So very sorry to hear the sad news of your sisters passing.

Please accept our deepest condolences, both from Dianne and I and the wider charity.

Our thoughts are with you.

Jeni, Support Team.

Dear Lisa

So sorry to hear the sad news about the loss of your sister. You and her family are in my thoughts

Jane

Dear Lisa, so very sorry to hear your sad news. This is this the most terrible cruel disease and as you say much more needs to be done. Thinking of you and your family at this sad time. Fiona X

Oh Lisa, I am so so sorry. Such a terrible disease, and she was so young. You cared for her remarkably and you fought her corner more than you know. I'm sure she was proud to have you by her side.

Please keep posting here. You are going to need this forum, especially in the days to come, I'm sure.

You have always been so good to me and helped me. I would like to try and help you and give you comfort, if that is possible right now.

Thinking of you greatly.

Leila xx