Post Whipples

RoyBoy

Hi, I am new to this forum and I had my Whipples procedure towards the end of April 14 and having read some of the ongoing problems on here I feel a little bit of a fraud posting on here. My procedure went well and I am making steady recovery. I felt I should still post my positive experience to give encouragement and hope to others. I am 60yrs of age. I was discharged after 7 days when I was warned to expect 12 days. They found I am not diabetic and I do not need enzyme tablets to aid digestion. My wound is still weeping slightly in one corner but I am seeing the G.P. nurse for that. I accept that mine was discovered early and surgery went as well as can be expected. The surgeon removed a 3.5cm. tumour in the head of the pancreas and 13 lymph nodes and only one was found to contain any trace of cancer. I wish good luck to all on here.

Slewis7313

Thanks RoyBoy and please feel free to spread good news here......it is most welcome. I hope your recovery continues well!

Steve

RoyBoy, that's great news and does really help. I spent hours scouring the internet for anything and everything with any glimmer of hope and even though James' is currently inoperable I hope that in the future this may change. I wish you all the best for your continued recovery and a happy life. Fiona X

PCUK Nurse Jeni

Welcome Roy and this is a great success story. Well done all concerned.

I hope that you continue to make an excellent recovery and that your body begins to return to pre-op conditions. It is good to have a good news story.

Kind regards,

Jeni, Support Team.

Welcome to the forum and pleased you have made good progress. And you are certainly not a fraud. We love good news!

Welcome to the forum Roy, that's great news, my husband had the tail end of his pancreas removed with his spleen last September, he too was only in hospital for 7 days, and out pottering in the garden in 4 weeks. Take care, try not to do too much too soon, and may your good fortune long continue,sandrax