Heidelberg University Hospital

Slewis7313

One final update on this. I mentioned the substantial cost of the Heidelberg option. As a result of the whipples not having happened, the original estimate of €51,200 has been reduced to €18,230. The post-op care I received was obviously far less intensive than if it had been successful, which seems to account in the main for the much lower figure.

Nice to see they are not trying to screw me (or the insurance company in this case).

Steve

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slewis7313

• J_T

• InfoForMum

• LindaH

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Julia, I am doing well with just a few digestion problems lingering. As far as the surgical side of things is concerned, it has all healed really well.

Steve

X

• 5 weeks later...

Whilst I would not wish him any digestive problems, hopefully he will sit up and give it some serious thought.

Steve

X

The Observer readers have certainly come back with a real mixture of responses, some (but not all) quite informed!

Steve

X

lmao at your Mum! Luckily being Sarah that never happens to me, but I do get the full title complete with middle name chucked at me when I've upset her :-)

Good article m'dear. Thought you were younger than that. You don't sound a day over 45 in your posts. Hope the post op recovery is still going well and the path to next steps is smooth.

Sarah

XX