Christmas

jules 2015

All

I have not posted much on here since my dad passed away last month but have been reading all the posts and just wanted to wish those that have lost loved ones and those that are battling this terrible disease a peaceful Christmas.

Julie x

Thank you Julie and I hope the some for you. It is this time of the year when the loss of a loved one is felt particularly keenly. I lost my father around this time five years ago.

Mark

Julie

A huge void will be felt this Christmas by each and every one who has lost a loved one during the year. The first birthday, anniversary, Christmas or any special date that you shared is always particularly poignant the first time it comes around. May the Peace and Goodwill of Christmas help to lessen the pain all these lovely people feel.

On a brighter note there are plenty of us who may not have expected to be enjoying another Christmas with their families but have come through the year and are still trucking on in whatever way they find suits them best.

To all who either grieve or are counting their blessings I send all my love and wish them Peace and Joy this Christmas.

Love and Peace

Mike

PCUK Nurse Jeni

Good morning all,

Just to say that these are such lovely posts and wishes to one another.

Its such a lovely thing to see how you have all supported one another over the past year, and as Mike said, how some of you are counting your blessings being here this year.

From all of us on the support team, I would like to echo what others have said, and wish you all as peaceful a Christmas as possible.

Jeni.

Thanks Julie and the same to you.

I feel quite flat and would like to leap frog Christmas but I have six grandchildren waiting to be entertained so I will gee myself up and try and enjoy at least some of it!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Julia x

Carole McGregor

That so thoughtful of you Julie.

Can I add my message of peace and love to all forum users ?

Bee, Julia, Hilary, Karen, Sue, Mandy and others out there who, like me, are facing their first Christmas without their beloved husbands to share it with - god knows, none of us wanted to take this journey but I am so grateful to have met you all along the way. Someone who also lost her husband before his time told me that the sun will shine again, just not quite as brightly and I hope that is true for all of us.

Mike, Steve, Linda, Cathy's Jonathan, Sarah's mum and everyone else currently battling this disease - may your Christmas be merry and symptom free. We are all rooting for you.

Jeni, Dianne and all at PCUK - enjoy a well deserved break over the holiday period. You guys come in day after day to help and support people in the most awful of circumstances and you never let us down or let us lose hope.

Much love

Carole

PCUK Nurse Jeni

Thank you Carole for such a lovely and brave message. And yes, to all of you lovely ladies facing Christmas after the recent loss of a loved one, then thanks for Carole's words about the sun shining again. Those of you who have children will surely gain love and strength from them. They can be so strong when we are weak.

Stay strong and brave wonderful ladies.

Peace and best wishes,

Jeni.

Christmas will never be the same again that is certain. It will be different. Not necessarily awful, just different. In fact the way the past months have been for so many of us. Very very different from how we imagined the route our lives would take. But you pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again! Isn't that in a musical somewhere? I'm afraid I ran away this Christmas. I could not bear to be in an empty house so came to sweaty Singapore. Do you know nothing beats a change of scene. Even if it's just a spin down the road. I can hardly take in the number of forum people who have passed away or have had loved ones pass away since I came on here to find out what on earth this thing was that my husband had been given a diagnosis of. Seven months later.....gone. I know I will have to go home to the empty house in January but at least here I am distracted by two daughters and their partners. All of you who have children and grandchildren.....we all have to put up a front of 'coping' then you know what maybe that front becomes more real and we start to move forward with a bit more positivity. I hate all the paperwork. Bill always did stuff with cars and insurance and not one clue have I so learning curve going on there. While there is time please all of you still fighting the fight of your life sort out things you need to sort out.

Thinking of all sufferers and partners and wishing you all a peaceful, pain free Christmas

June

Dear everyone,

I am one of those who did not even dare dream that I would celebrate this Christmas with Jonathan. I know he didn't expect to get here (I'm touching everything made of wood now). The word "luck" doesn't sit well with PC but I know that we are lucky to be celebrating after his diagnosis last December.

I cannot imagine how those who have lost someone are coping but you all are and I hold my hat off to you all.

This has been a terrible year but I am happy to have "met" albeit virtually (so far) some wonderful people through this forum (posters and support staff) brave, funny, insightful and strong.

I wouldn't wish this disease on anyone but thank you everyone for making it easier and being such a wonderful forum family.

Have the best Christmas and 2014 that you all possibly can

Cathy (and Jonathan) xxxxx