Bill has gone

Jwilson

Well, that's it over. Bill is being cremated tomorrow. He lost the fight at 12.20 last Tuesday morning. To be honest I would not have wished him to live one more minute. He couldn't swallow, couldn't open his eyes, couldn't speak, couldn't stand and had to have a syringe driver put up a matter of hours before he died along with a catheter. BUT we have raised over 4 thousand pounds for the cause so far which he would be delighted about!!!! Much more to come as well. Purple ribbons on every child in our school, armbands in purple at every sports match, flag at half mast, school closed on Monday for memorial to Bill. Taking a deep breath and bracing myself to speak at the service tomorrow. I hope I can do it and do him proud. He was well known having taught in the same school for 40 years so I think a load of people may turn up. The girls are reading a poem and we are playing Van Morrison and Rod Stewart.....talk about I did it my way! Wish me luck

Dear June

Sincere condolences on your sad loss. Bill sounds a very special much loved man and your fund raising in his memory is truly amazing. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. You will find the strength to say what you have planned!

Love and Peace

Mike x

Hello June,

I am so sorry to hear about Bill, another victim of this horrid disease. It is so difficult to watch your loved ones go through the pain and indignity at the end. My husband suffered with exactly the same symptoms as you described that Bill had. There is comfort in knowing that their battle with pain and suffering is over. My heart goes out to you and your family. Wishing you strength and support for the service.

Take care,

Hilary

Hi June,

I was wondering how you were both doing as you hadn't posted for a while. I am sorry to hear you have lost your beloved Bill, it sounds like you will have a full house today and that he was a well loved and respected man. I have no doubt you will find your courage today and do everyone proud.

Take care,

Bee xx

Dear June

What can I say my Jon and your Bill the same day and the same not nice to see end to their lives and I have felt the same about not want anymore minutes to it , our funeral is not till Thursday everything coming together eulogy written oldest grandson as the poem ready me I don't know how I am feeling but you and I will be strong for our amazing men ,

Take care

EmmaR xx

Dear June, I was so sorry to hear Bill had died but know exactly the feeling of not wishing him to withstand another second of this cruel disease.

All the tributes I have seen are testament to what lovely, well respected and well loved man he was.

I'm sure you will do a sterling job at his funeral, I could not have done that much as I would have loved to. I will be thinking of you and the girls today.

Much love

Julia xxx

Dear June, I am so sorry to hear that Bill has lost his fight against this evil thing. He seemed to have commanded a great deal of affection and respect within your community. I am sure your strength and the support of those around you will ensure that Bill's send off will be a fitting tribute.

Please take care and my thoughts will be with you today.

Steve

X

Hi June,

Bill was obviously loved and respected by so many, you must be heartbroken but so proud. Hope the service goes well, take good care of yourself,

Our thoughts are with you and your family,

Nikki

Hi June

I was so so sorry to hear Bill had lost his fight. We had already messaged each other so it was clear he was terribly poorly towards the end. He seemed such a lovely man and the amount of money you have raised, the school closing and so on is such a tribute to him.

I hope the day today goes perfectly June and wish you and your girls lots of love and strength today and in the coming days and weeks ahead.

Cathy xxx

Hope all went well yesterday and that you and your family will find the love and support you need to cope in the coming days, week's and months. We all have our own "coping mechanism" and draw comfort from whatever source is right for us personally.

As Dave Allen used to put it so beautifully at the end of every show " May YOUR God go with you"! I always used to think that this catered for all belief systems perfectly. I am 're-reading one of Rabbi Lionel Blue' s books as he was a great favourite on "Thought for the day" I just think his humour and love of his fellow man shine through his words and he doesn't preach but encourages deep thought about so many aspects of life and indeed death. We are in this world such a relatively short time, possibly a bit like being in an airport waiting for the real journey to begin but all have very different ideas of where our plane is going or if indeed there is a plane at all. As they say " you pays your money and takes your pick"!!

In Chester last week a well known local businessman and his fiancee were both killed when the plane he was piloting crashed on landing at the local airfield. No preparation, no time for goodbyes and his 84 year old father who I've known from the old days the left with no son and probably many things unsaid. If we on here need to do anything in addition to comforting one another it is to express our love for our loved ones and families every single day and thank OUR God for our blessings.

Love and Peace

Rambling Mike xx

Hi JUne,

am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Bob ... I know what you mean when you said you wouldn't wish him here a second longer, I was the same when I lost my beloved mom on the 8th Nov...I too am throwing myself into the PC research cause and I think it really helps...what a massive amount of money you have raised, such an achievement, especially to think of others so much at such a sad time .. he sounds adored and I love how the school are honoring his memory..and hope this gives you comfort in the times ahead

much love

Marie

xx

Hi June

So sorry to hear that Bill also lost his battle with this terrible disease last week

Thinking of you and your family and sending you virtual hugs

Julie xxx

My love goes with you June. Another strong lady who really doesn't need any luck you will get through tomorrow then continue with the absolutely wonderful work you are doing for PC.

Thank you June for helping us who are still continuing to fight the fight.

Linda xx

Over six grand raised now! Get a load of purple ribbons in your house and you will be amazed. After all it is pancreatic cancer awareness month. Fantastic tribute down at the school today. Just pitched perfectly and exactly him. I know I will hit a wall soon and be angry about why he got it in the first place but just now I feel relief that the suffering is over and I have thrown myself into fund raising to keep myself busy. Also.......going to Vicky in Singapore for Christmas and taking Laura and her partner too. I can't wait! I mean who would carve the turkey ? The empty chair would be so horrible so bring out the Summer clothes and away I go. Thanks for all the support x