A Mother in a Million

welshgirl

Nia,

I am so sorry to hear about your Mum and am sure you must be devastated. It is such a cruel disease and the battle is so hard for both the sufferer and carer. I understand what you mean about your Mum giving up.My husband was so full of hope at the start of his illness, but as the disease progressed he just couldn't fight it and said just a week before he died that he wanted the "nightmare" to be over. To know that your loved ones know they are dying is so hard to bear and my heart goes out to you. Will be thinking of you on Tuesday.

Take care of yourself,

Hilary x x

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• welshgirl

• Slewis7313

• Cathy

• belgrade

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Nia, so very sorry to hear your news about your adored mum. October has been pretty grim here I can't quite believe we have lost so many courageous people.

Ray's funeral is tomorrow and I will be thinking of you on Tuesday.

Look after yourself.

Julia xxx

PCUK Nurse Jeni

Dear Nia,

I am very sorry to hear about the death of your mum. I can tell that you were very close, and it is such a wonderful thing that you were able to look after your mum yourself. I am sure that this made all the difference to her. There has been quite a bit of sadness on here recently, and I know that the impact is great, and goes on and on even after the loved one has gone.

On behalf of Dianne and myself, I would like to offer our heartfelt sympathies. Also, on behalf of the wider charity.

I hope the funeral goes OK tomorrow, and that you are able to celebrate her life, and all she meant to you.

Kind regards,

Jeni, Support Team.

Dear Nia

Just to offer my heartfelt sympathy and condolences on the sad death of your beloved Mum. You will really feel the loss and I totally understand how you just want to be alone but please do your best to welcome friends and family into your home and heart at this difficult time even though you may feel like just slamming the door on the whole world .

As time passes by and the immediate pain dulls a little. you will begin to value their company and kindness more than you know.

Peace and Love

Mike

Nia, I am so terribly sorry to hear of our loss. You were obviously very devoted to your Mam and have done all that you could to make her illness as bearable as possible from the outset. I can't really imagine how you feel at this time, but know that we all share your pain in some way. My thoughts are very much with you and the others who have had to deal with similar losses in recent times.

Take care Nia

Steve

x

Hi Nia

I too am most terribly sorry and sad to hear about your Mum.

You did an absolutely fantastic job for her and the care and love you provided were second to none. It would have been a huge help and comfort to her I'm sure - you should feel very proud of yourself.

I will be thinking of you tomorrow. I hope in time you will get some comfort yourself with the knowledge that you did all you could, and then some.

Take care

Cathy xx

Dear Everyone,

Many thanks for all your messages, it means a lot to me.

Its been a week since my dear mother passed away and we had her funeral on Tuesday. I knew the day would come but OMG it is just so difficult to come to terms that she has gone and that I wont see her again.

We had a family gathering for her on the 4th September where all her cousins came together for the day, we all knew that this was the last day they would all be together. I was looking back at a video I did on the day, she looked so well and in such good spirits and six weeks after that day she passed away. I just cant get over how anyone deteriorated so quickly, its just as if the cancer was eating away at her and just wouldn't stop at anything!!! Very very cruel and my heart goes out to anyone who is suffering from this disease or anyone that is looking after a love one with this disease, its just a total nightmare.

An ex-colleague of mine from years ago lost her daughter last week to PC, aged 45!!!! Yes 45, its just seems so unfair but then life is unfair at times!

I wish everyone the very best with their journeys, ours lasted a year and one week and I am happy to say that I went through it with my mother every step of the way.

Life seems so empty now, I lost a part of me when mum died. Life will never be the same and I will miss her for as long as I live.

Please take care everyone, I will come back from time to time to see how things are on here, I found this forum a great help to express my feelings during the year.

My thoughts are with you all,

Nia x

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone

I've not been on here for a long time, actually not since just after my mother passed away in October. Its Christmas Day and I am really missing my mother!!!! I cant express how much I'm actually missing her, longing to have her back in my life.

I had a phone call this morning from my uncle to say that a lady that lived by him and who also was suffering from PC died this morning, it really upset me. Why is this disease so so cruel, why doesnt this cancer give patients some chance and why is there not as much research into this cancer as other cancers???

After reading the posts on here I've also seen that LindaH has passed away, she was one of the very first people that replied to my first post, she sounded a lovely and genuine lady who went through so much, I feel for her family.

I really dont know why I came on here today but I guess I thought I'd find some comfort in writing my thoughts down. I'll be glad when today has gone, its a sad sad day for me, an empty place at the table where my mother sat every Christmas!!! I miss her so much!!!

I hope you've all had a restful and happy Christmas, my thoughts go out to you all.

Nia

xxx

Dear Nia

I've mentioned on another thread just how hard it is to cope with the first Christmas, birthday, anniversary or any other special day following the loss of a loved one. Thanks for posting today our love and prayers are sent to support you.

Love and Peace

Mike x

Edited by cestrian

Hi Nia

It's a difficult time of year and most especially if you have lost someone, and you were so close to your Mum. I'm writing this sitting next to Jonathan and his son watching a DVD. We have no idea what this year will bring. My heart goes to you.

Lovely to hear from you Nia. Please keep posting whenever you need to.

Cathy xxx

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone

Last time I came on here was Christams Day. Its nearly 5 months since my mother passed away and the loss is horrible, there isnt a day where I dont think of her or look at her pictures. I miss her soooooooooooo much!!! I know she wouldnt want me to be sad all the time and I am trying my best BUT its so so difficult.

My heart goes out to you all on here, whether you are a patient or a member the family, I know what you are going through!!!!

I still ask myself the questions, "why did she have to have THAT cancer out of all the cancers"???? There is no answer but at least with other cancers she'd have had a bit of a chance at least!!!!

Thinking of you all in your fight!!!

Best wishes

Nia x