Don't laugh...but terrible wind probs :-/ taking Creon

LindaH

A stent was inserted into my pancreas whilst I was hospital and whilst it alleviated the jaundice and helped a little with digestion I started at Christmas with the runs, so the doctor gave me Creon Capsules which certainly stopped the runs, but OMG the wind is awful..... :|

I take 3 caps a day at 300mg with meals, plus I've been given a 150mg cap to take if I have a snack, which I don't really take because I rarely snack.

I find I'm having to take a couple of Wind Ease tablets before bed as the tummy pain is terrible. I won't care if I could just pop to one side a get rid of the wind, but it won't go away. :shock:

Has anyone had experience of the same thing and would be willing to share the best solution.

Would be so grateful. It's driving me mad. It seems worse at night, but of course these things always do.....

Cheers Linda

Hi Linda

My Dad has been suffering terribly, especially at night!!!! At first he thought it was indigestion but indigestion tablets didn't really do anything, so then I thought maybe it was pain from the cancer but he says now he's sure it's wind as once he gets up and walks round the wind comes out!! He doesn't seem to have found anything to relieve it yet apart from walking round the house in the early hours!!

If we discover a cure I will keep you posted.

Sorry I couldn't be any more help,

Much love

Morwenna

Hi Linda ,

I know EXACTLY what you are talking about .

My Dear Hubby had wind so badly he couldn't believe it . Yes he was taking three Creon with every meal and one with a snack if he had a snack.

The Wind was the worst part of everything for the longest time .

But, he figured the wind was worth the extra time he had. He lasted for 4 years , for Pancreatic cancer he figured he was lucky ?

He passed last Sunday , but he took whatever came he dealt with .

Good luck to your Dad Linda

Hugs

Diane

PCUK Nurse Dianne

Hi LInda,

Thanks for highlighting a common problem amongst patients. Often it may be related to the fact that patietns are not taking sufficient Creon. I will email you for further discussion.

Kind regards,

Dianne

Support Team

moderator2 wrote :

> Hi LInda,

>

> Thanks for highlighting a common problem amongst patients. Often it may be

> related to the fact that patietns are not taking sufficient Creon. I will

> email you for further discussion.

>

> Kind regards,

>