Christmas Wishes

PCUK Nurse Jeni

PCUK Nurse Jeni

Hi to all our forum users,

With the Christmas season upon us, and the holiday fast approaching, we would like to extend our very best to you and yours throughout this season.

We would especially like to extend our thoughts to those who are facing a first, or subsequent Christmas without a loved one, and to those recently bereaved through pancreatic cancer. We also remember those who may lose their loved ones over the Christmas.

To those of you still on chemo, we hope that you can enjoy some festive treats without feeling unwell, and that the chemo breaks fall exactly when you will get the most benefit from them.

Most of all, we hope that you enjoy some wonderful time with your families.

Warmest regards,

Support Team.

Thank you, it seems we are lucky this year, Trevor had his treatment on Monday 15th, so hope fully he will feel well for Christmas, as we have all the family coming, next treatment is 29th so he won't be so well for New Year's eve, but we might get out for an hour or so.

May I too take this opportunity to wish all of you at PC UK all the best for Christmas and the New Year, and to my fellow forum members I wish love and peace to you ALL especially those who will so desperately miss their loved ones, taken by this horrendous disease, sandrax XX

Thank you, and thank you for all you do, this forum is invaluable to so many. I lost my dad at the end of July aged 70. Not sure how we are going to get through the first Christmas without him, for my whole life I have had Christmas with dad. Just got to celebrate it in a way that he would have liked.

Thank you.

I am now facing my first Christmas without my beautiful Jonathan. Just typing those words makes me realise how very raw this all still feels. Jonathan died January this year and so 2014 has been a very different kind of year for me.

However, not all bad. I have met, through the charity and through this forum, some lovely people and made some lovely new friends who I am sure will be friends for life. 2014 was the year of the Forum Girls!!

May I wish everyone who uses this forum, reads the forum and doesn't post and everyone at PCUK the best Christmas possible, and for those fighting this disease and their loved ones, keep on keeping on!

Cathy xxx

Edited by Cathy

I would like to wish all the forum members whether silent or 'posters' the happiest Christmas they can manage and for respite for those suffering pain or sickness and for a break from the worry for their carers, relatives and friends. And for joy to replace the sadness of those facing Christmas with a loved one missin. Wouldn't it be great if we could declare a World War 1 style Christmas truce on pancreatic cancer? xxxx

Hello everyone. I would also like to wish everyone battling pancreatic cancer a merry Christmas. Christmas will be extremely hard for us as a family this year as Terry passed away Christmas Day 2013. We will raise a glass of champagne to a wonderful husband, father and grandfather. Although there will be tears we count ourselves very lucky to have had Terry in our lives. Terry was fortunate to have excellent care from our local hospice and we will be visiting there on Christmas Day to thank the nurses and leave gifts for the inpatients.

Changing the subject Terry had shoulder pain and I have noticed a post about Carl having this. No pain killers helped but our oncologist increased his steroids for a short period of time which immediately helped so might be worth asking about this.

Love to you all Lyn xx

Wishing everyone a peaceful Christmas.

Facing my first Christmas without my soul mate, Jem, but feel truly blessed to have had the most amazing 26 years with him and for our wonderful daughter Jessica, without her I would just hide myself away from the world.

All my love

Jayne

xxx

Thank you and wishing everyone all the very best for Christmas and the New Year

My family and I are facing our first Christmas without my lovely dad just 6 weeks after he passed away. Difficult as it is already, we will raise a glass to him and be thankful for Christmases past and all the happy times we spent together.

All the very best for 2015

Karen x

Thank you.

I think we should also take the time, for the amazing people that have recently lost someone, and they still come on here to post for other people. I admire them so much. They give me a kick up the arse and put some fight back in me. I am finding christmas pretty unbearable sometimes, but I still have my dad and I should focus on the here and now.

'Happy' christmas to everyone on here, I really hope you all get some ok time.

Leila xx

Thank you and hope everyone at PCUK has a good Christmas too. Thank you again to Jeni and Dianne, for all your help and advice.

Thinking of everyone who reads/posts/uses this forum and sending love and Christmas wishes to you all.

It's our first Christmas without Dad but he is in our hearts forever xxxx