A forum for any other issues around pancreatic cancer

Moderator: volmod

Forum rules
Please see the messages in our "Rules" section

The posts on this discussion board are made by members of the General Public and are not intended to constitute medical advice
Cathy

Re: Hello & Thank You

Postby Cathy » Fri May 17, 2013 10:07 am

Hi Rustie

It must feel terribly frustrating for you. It's such a terrible irony (as you say) that she can't start the chemo to make her feel better as she is poorly. We've all got our fingers (and toes) crossed that your Mum picks up and her chemo can start without any more delays.

Cathy xx

rustie22

Postby rustie22 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:54 pm

Well I guess this could be the last time I log on here. The past 6 weeks have been absolutely horrific. Mum was admitted into a Hospice for a break & was in there 2 weeks, when she came out I realised that her right leg was swollen - DVT diagnosed. Then she lost control of her bowels & it meant that she went back into the Hospice where C-Diff was suspected. She lost her battle with PC on 21st June, just 11 short weeks after her initial diagnosis. We had her funeral today. For those of you on the journey with PC I wish you all good luck. I am now going to look into help campaigning for more research into this horrible disease & hope that we can improve the survival rate - how can this be the only cancer to have only a 3% success rate & to have stayed at that for over 40 years. It has claimed so many high profile victims: Patrick Swayze, Pavarotti & Magnus Magnusson to name a few, that more needs & must be done. Thanks to all the support given me in the 3 months I have been using this site - my thoughts are with you & your families.

KATB

Postby KATB » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:02 pm

Oh my goodness rustie I am so, so sorry.

Take care of yourself.

K
x

J_T

Postby J_T » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:30 pm

So terribly sad to hear of your mum's final days. My heart goes out to you.

Take care. xxx

PCUK Nurse Jeni

Postby PCUK Nurse Jeni » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:23 pm

Hi Rustie,

I am so very sorry to hear about the recent death of your mum.

I would like to offer my condolences, as well as those of the wider charity.

Thank you for posting, and I wish you and your family all the best in the future.

Kind regards,

Jeni.

jacqui

Postby jacqui » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:55 am

Hello Rustie, I am so so sorry to hear about your mum and too soon after your first post. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I wish you all the best with your campaigning but it is sad that it has to be done ....it shouldn't be necessary!
Love and hugs, Jacqui

LindaH

Postby LindaH » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:20 am

Hi Rustie,

You are so brave sharing your mum's story with us, thank you so much.

I wish you well.

Linda xx