Poorly dad

jacquik

PCUK Nurse Jeni

Hi Jacqui,

I am so sorry to hear the news that your dad has died. Also very sorry about the way that you found out, and glad to hear that the sister is looking into it.

On behalf of the charity, please accept our condolences at this sad time, as well as my personal sympathies. Yes, it will of course be a busy time for you right now, but do stay in touch if you can.

Kind regards,

Jeni.

Morwenna, Jeni, Laura, Deb and Catherine, thankyou all for your support, it really has meant so very much being able to rant and share and sometimes just read.

I've PCUK down as my charity on the funeral order and in the newspaper, cos like I told my dad when I got lots of £1 items, if I can help someone elses daughter, mother, son whoever not feel the way I felt then its money well spent.

Least theres lots of farmwork to occupy my mind till the funeral on the 15th.

Just no one to ask which implement to use!

I do miss him. All his friends have been amazing offering help and support, I hope he knew how well like he was.

Thankyou for listening and not complaining when I cry on the keyboard!

Love, Jacqui xxx

My father is a farmer-

That's all he'll ever be.

The values that the land taught him,

He handed down to me.

I love my farmer father-

I'm thankful that he's mine...

I pray that God would bless him,

Today and for all time.

Jacqui

I am so sorry for the loss of your amazing Dad. I live in the rural community in East Yorkshire and, though not a farmer myself, have some farmer friends. I admire the work they do and their affinity with nature. The rest of us could learn a lot from them. Your Dad sounds as though he was at one with his occupation, and I admire him so much for that. I also admire the way you have stood beside him through this ordeal. He is resting now, but will always be with you. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Hugs,

Paul x

Jacqui, I'm so very sorry about your dads passing and the awful way that you found out. May he rest in peace and watch over you and his farm always! Your poem made me cry!!! Much love from Petra xxxxxxxxx

Hi Jacqui

Lovely words and so touching. I am sure he will be very proud of you, your resilience and your determination to try and make something positive out of such a terrible experience. I am sure you will remember all he has taught you over the years (and which implement to use!) and continue his traditions and his love of farming.

Take care and keep strong and we will continue to think of you and send love.

Deb

x

Paul, Petra, Deb, thankyou,

Reading everyones experiences of PC reminds me that life goes on, however much it feels like it won't.

Never realised how much of my day I spent with dad and now its thumb twiddling time.

So, if it stays sunny I'll do some more planting, with no discussions about which seed to use.

And we'll use whatever looks likely,

We shall learn by our mistakes, like mum and dad did when they first started.

Like my grandparents and my great grandparents before them.

We can but try.

Thankyou all again for the hope, Jacqui xP.S.

Sadly my oldest, dearest friend who was in hospital at the same time as dad with cancer, who fought for life and the chance to go home, passed away quietly on Mothering sunday evening at home with her family.