A forum for family, friends and carers of pancreatic cancer patients

Moderator: volmod

Forum rules
Please see the messages in our "Rules" section

The posts on this discussion board are made by members of the General Public and are not intended to constitute medical advice
nikkis

Re: My mom

Postby nikkis » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:37 pm

So pleased to hear it went well Ellie. We definitely don't get enough good news here, so tell that lovely mum of yours to keep it coming!
Nikki

Bowie

Postby Bowie » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:42 pm

Ellie, really pleased for you and your mum and as others have said, don't feel guilty about good news, it's what keeps the rest of us going when it all feels a bit bleak. Fiona X

elliecopter

Postby elliecopter » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:37 am

Thanks everyone for all your kind words!

Bit of a rushed post this morning as I am getting ready for work. Mom was discharged from hospital on Friday 7th November. She wasn't (still isn't) very mobile and is in a lot of pain, moreso it seems with her back (where the epidural was) than anything else. But she is recovering well.

She can be very emotional which I can understand completely and keeps crying and little things like adverts and looking at my sister's clothes for the new baby!

But she has developed a temperature since yesterday - she's been very tired, pale and says she's cold when she was right next to the fire. I'm assuming it's nothing to do with the operation as it was two weeks ago, but does anyone have any knowledge of how long you can get side effects from a liver operation? I'm hoping it's just a cold; my dad says he'll take her to the drs this afternoon if it hasn't gone down.

Sending my love to you all, hope everyone is as well as can be. Ellie xx

nikkis

Postby nikkis » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:19 pm

Hi Ellie,
hope you Mum is feeling better, and it proved nothing to worry about,
Best wishes,
Nikki

Didge

Postby Didge » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:04 am

Hope your mum is ok and saw the doctor for her fever yesterday. It's important to keep a look out for infections and take action immediately. x