Newbie, advice and support please?

Sammy-Lou

Hi Sam

Thinking of you and sending my love. So lovely to hear Anne opening her eyes for one last look at her grand-daughter and how your daughter's sixth sense is bringing you some comfort. My daughter comes out with some amazing things sometimes which makes me firmly believe that there is "something" in it. Hoping Anne continues to be comfortable and peaceful.

With love

Deb

x

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sammy-Lou

• DRAD3

• charney

• laura

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know where to start but I want to update you, you have all been such a support to me and I don't know how I would have got to this point without the kindness and support of everyone here and Jeni.

Anne sadly passed away in the early hours of Friday morning peacefully in her sleep. She hadn't woken for almost a week and had been comfortable for the longest period from the beginning of her journey, it really had been the first week she had not been in pain and sadly that was only achieved by sedation.

We are of course devestated and had to go through the hardest thing I have ever had to do yesterday when we told our daughter that her Nanna had died, our wonderful little girl, who got tissues to dry our tears and cuddled us to make us feel better.. We helped her to make a message (a heart cut from card which she coloured and we wrote on the back of) which we tied to a balloon with ribbon and let go, to send to Nanna to let her know we love her and miss her. There have been lots of tears over the last few days and I'm sure there are many more to come, we just need to try to be as strong as we can...

I take some comfort from knowing that she is not suffering anymore as I hated to see such a wonderful and strong lady being destroyed in the way she was but it will never make it alright that her life was taken.

Plans for the funeral have started and the service has been booked for next Tuesday, a service in her church before moving to the crematorium, I know we have many difficult days ahead, I just hope we can all be strong and get through them together.

Thank you again, from the bottom of my heart, for all the friendship and support you have all shown us and I hope you are all doing well on your journeys. If anything good could come from all this is that I want to fundraise and where possible help and support others like you have all done for me. Without you, I'm not sure I would have coped!

Love and best wishes to all xx

Sammy-Lou, I am so very sad for your loss. You will feel as if you want the world to stop turning to give you time to get to grips with this terrible loss. However, as I have found, this can not happen and, somehow, we find it within ourselves to keep going.I took each day an hour at a time. There is no right or wrong way to feel. I am sure that, with your loving family around you, you will be stronger than you thought possible. It won't feel like that just now though. The love and support that you will give to, and take from your loved ones will help you tremendously. One of my favourite quotes is a Winston Churchill one on coping with adversity: "When you are going through Hell, keep walking." How very true I have found it to be, and how incredibly difficult. You will do it though.

I am a mere 9 weeks down the line. Things are still incredibly difficult. I am still shellshocked and, sometimes, in denial. I am still here though (even though I sometimes don't want to be). The passage of time helps us all adjust to our new situation. It doesn't mean that we "get over it" or "move on" as far as I am concerned(I lost my lovely mum 4 years ago)we just adapt.

Look after yourself. One step at a time. Thinking of you and your family at this awful, sad time. Many of us know just how you feel at the moment. Feel free to talk to your forum family if it helps.

Hugs,

Paul

Sam Im so sorry for your loss, I know how you feel, grateful that Anne s suffering

is no more but so sad that she is no longer around, take each day at a time, small steps,

Keep strong.

All my love

cheryl xxx

PCUK Nurse Jeni

Dear Sammy,

So sorry to hear the news about Anne, but of course, so glad to hear that she was peaceful, as you say, for the first time since the journey began.

We hope the plans for the service go well, and that you have some time to grieve as a family.

Kind regards,

Dianne and Jeni.

So sorry, Sam. Such a sad time for you and your family - I hope you find some comfort in knowing that Anne passed peacefully and that you were able to spend so much precious time with her. She must have felt so very loved and cared for. Your little girl sounds like such a little angel - drying your tears and offering cuddles - that made me smile and cry at the same time. You obviously have a special family, Sam, and I know you will all get through this because of this amazing strength you share and love for each other. Your forum family send their love too and thank you for your lovely message of support.

Take care

Deb

x

Sam,

I'm so sorry to hear of Anne's passing but also pleased she was peaceful and pain free. You've done so well and Anne battled hard. She was obviously one very special lady.

Lots of love

Catherine xxx

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone, I know its been a while since I posted and I wanted to pop back on to see how everyone was!

Anne's funeral went well and although very emotional it was a fitting tribute to a very strong and wonderful lady. We bury her ashes tomorrow, just close family and a few prayers, another hurdle to get over as I'm sure it will be difficult.

Hoping you all see this: how is everyone; Deb, Laura, Catherine, Cheryl, Sue..? Hope you are all doing well? xx

Hi Sammy lou, its nice to hear from you, I did wonder how things went and how you all are. we are fine, each milestone is one more hurdle to cross, it was my husbands birthday on the 17th April and you couldnt help but remember last year with Audrey

doing a birthday lunch, although not feeling all that grand she laid on a lovely buffet.

It still seems so surreal that she is no longer around. She loved her travelling and always wanted to go to Las Vegas so in October My husband, myself, his Sister and brother in law are all going for a few days and will raise a toast to her. my thoughts are with you for the ashes ceremony, love and kisses cheryl

Hello Sam

It's so lovely to hear from you. I am pleased Anne got the send off she deserved and hope the ashes went well. I am sure that you and your lovely family will get through the difficult times ahead. I will continue to think of you.

Lots of love

Catherine xx