My Ivan Gone

LizzyD

I haven't posted for some time as all my waking hours were taken up with looking after my husband Ivan in his final 3 months ofPC. Sadly he lost his battle on Friday 13th. I had wonderful support from our fabulous GP, district nurses and two of the most superb carers who all help to grant Ivan's wish to die at home. As you can imagine, I don't know how I feel about anything at the moment. Just a crazy mix of emotion. I have been helped so much by this forum and wanted to thank you all.

God bless you all,

Lizzy

So sorry to hear your bad news Lizzy

Hopefully the support you have will continue and get you through this , I can't even begin to understand what your going through at the minute, and I dread what ls ahead for us.

God Bless xxx

lizzie, so sorry that ivan has gone, you must be in total shock in spite of your knowledge of his illness,words seem so futile but really am thinking of you and hope the support you had stays with you, love n a hug laura xx

Lizzy

I've just read back through our posts to one another, I'm still not sleeping, so if you need to rant, or someone to listen just ask Jeni for my details, I'd be happy to be in touch.

I'm thinking of you at this sad time.

Lynne

Xxxxxx

Hi Lizzy,

my deepest sympathy goes out to you and your family at this awful time.

I lost my Mum on 30 December, i know what you mean about not knowing how you feel. My emotions are all over the place - my main one is that I'm incredibly angry at pc.

Take care and keep chatting xxxx

Thank you all so much for your kind and comforting words. I just don't know how I feel. I miss him being there to talk to. If I see something nice to buy for him I suddenly remember he isn't there. My life feels so empty. The funeral is next Thursday at 10.30 and I don't know how I am going to get through the day. My son has been a great help but he is so devastated himself at losing his Dad. I have had such excellent support from all agencies so was able to look after him at home and be with him as he slipped away. Will still be reading your mail and will support and help others,

Much love from Lizzy.

PCUK Nurse Jeni

Hi Lizzy,

I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your husband. I would like to offer my personal condolences, as well as those of the charity. I do hope you find the funeral ok. I think from reading some of the posts on this forum, that people tend to find the funeral day itself bearable, as it can be very moving and touching. There are also more people around. Sometimes it is after the funeral that the finality sets in. Where I come from, the funeral service and burial is over within 48 hours, so it does not "prolong" the event, or the grief (or dread sometimes).

Please be aware that you can contact the support line of you need to - even if it is for a chat. We would be more than happy to help.

Kindest regards,

Jeni.

Thank you Jeni. It is a long time here between a death and the funeral as we live close to a large city. It is a cremation and you have to wait for a space at the crematorium. My friend's father had to wait 4 weeks last year. Would be so much easier if it were only 48 hours. It has taken my son and I 4 days to make all the arrangements and do the necessary business. It is all so heart breaking.

.lizzy