Grandma has just been diagnosed

jesuisella

Hi, Im ella, im 20 years old and i'm new here but i need help :(

my grandma has just been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, the same disease that killed my granddad 2 years ago, i'm very frightened and I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on what to expect and how to make her as comfortable as possible?

thanks x

Hi Ella,

Im really sorry to hear about your Grandma, and also the fact your family are now dealing with this disease again. That must be so hard. Im not long on here etiher and find this forum a great support. From reading everyones stories i think everyone is individual to this cancer, there is some real success stories and other very sad stories.

My dad has been diagnosed 5wks ago, before then i never had heard of pancreatic cancer. I too was frightened when i had got on the internet and read up about it. We have had so many ups and downs in the last five weeks and have just got him home from hospital today! I try and stay positive and believe that he will come through it all. He was told he was inoperable as the tumor is wrapped around a main artery but he can have chemo. So I trying to stay positive that chemo will go well for him. One day at a time.

Just remember your not alone and if you ever need to talk this forum is a great place to do it. I hope your grandma is given some hope to fight this disease!

Take care..Rachel xxx

PCUK Nurse Jeni

Hi Ella,

Sorry to hear about your grandma.Especially since your granddad died from the same disease.

Just to let you know that if you have any medical questions, or treatment related questions, you can email the support service at: support@pancreaticcacner.org.uk.

Kind regards,

Jeni.

Hi Ella

I am very sorry to hear about your Grandma, how awful for your family to go through this again.

Like Rachel said earlier, there are some very good success stories. It depends on where abouts the cancer is, and whether it has spread, and whether it can be operated on. I, unfortunately, don't know very much about operable pancreatic cancer. My mum was diagnosed in August with it, and like Rachel's Dad, it is in the head of the pancreas and wrapped around the vascular vein. Unfortunately, things are not too great with my Mum at the moment, but I am hoping and praying that she takes a turn for the better very soon.

Please, don't feel alone, there is always someone on here to give you advice - Jeni the PCUK nurse, and if you want to rant feel free too. I know I have on many a time.

Take care hunny, and I hope you get some hopeful news.

Louie xxx