My Dad has gone

wobblybobbly

I am so sorry to hear your news. An awful time for all your family. It has only been a month since I lost my Mum and still remember vividly the raw pain you must be feeling.

My thoughts are with you all.

endee

xx

So sorry to hear.It is an awful time for you all.Just remember he is out of suffering.It is eleven weeks today since i lost my mum and it really is so difficult.

Take Care

Helen xx

I am very sorry to hear about your Dad. My sincere condolences to you and your family.

My thoughts are with you at this sad time.

Louie xx

So so sorry Alison.

My dad is declining so quickly and I can't imagine how you must be feeling even though the inevitable is around the corner.

Try to take some comfort in that you were with him, your love for each other, and that he isn't in pain anymore.

Lots of love and take care

xxx

PCUK Nurse Jeni

Dear Alison,

Have just read your post, due to leave.

Please accept my personal condolences, and also, on behalf of the charity.

Jeni.

Sincere condolences. I lost my mam suddenly in February and I understand how you must be feeling. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Carmel

wobblybobbly

Thank you so much for all your kind replies. The past few days have been sad, but we have also had a few giggles remembering Dad and the times before the diagnosis 3 months ago. Hard to believe he was gone so quickly really.

He is certainly having the last laugh now as he is insisting his ashes are scattered in five different parts of the country, from the highlands of Scotland to Cornwall! :roll: We are trying to make the day of his funeral a celebration of his life. He would have wanted us to remember the good times, and not the bad, and so a few drinks will be raised in his memory next Friday.

Thanks again, its comforting to know people understand.

Alison

xx

Hi sorry again for yuor loss--we tried our best to make mum's cremation a celebration of her life and i think we managed it.

Still very hard although- that day was slightly easier- everyone hyped up for the funeral--hardest bit is once that is all over.

take care

Helen xxxx

Know what you're going through, dad's funeral is tomorrow (Sat). We had 6 weeks and five of those he spent in hospital. My dad liked a joke too. He had this stuffed cat toy and nobody liked it like dad did. So my mum has put it in with him at the bottom of his feet. Unfortunately she did not tell the undertaker she had put it in and it gave him a bit of a surprise when he had a look after she'd gone :lol: My dad would have found it funny.

We must keep our chins up and be strong and do our fathers proud

Robyn