No answers

RSK

oh Robyn

so so sorry-tears in my eyes when reading this at the moment and have been looking for your posts

will read it again later and reply

take care

Helen xxxx

Thanks everyone for your wishes. I am the kind of person who likes to get through her grief through work, so back in tomorrow. I start a new job and dad wished me luck three weeks ago when I went home for a few days. I know he was pleased with my promotion as his friends told me at the wake.

The funeral went well on the whole. The church seemed full of family and local people which was nice. My sisters and I got him to the front of the church and with help from my uncles and husband we got him to the graveside. We were all soaked as the rain fell all day long. And as we finished lowering him in the rain fell harder. The words 'Do not stand at my grave and weep, I am not here I do not sleep' came to mind. I had a feeling it was dad's way to say, get in the dry and come back when your not so upset. My sisters and I got a bit fed up of being told we would need help with the coffin, but accepted it, the idea that we were builder daughters and had spent many hours shifting and lifting blocks did not get through to the men, who thought they were helping, that we could manage more than they would have expected.

My elder sister and I read his eulogy, because that is what dad would have wanted I felt. I smiled when the organist played an extra verse, and missed a note, hearing dad's muttering in my head, like he would have done if he were there next to me. The wake was quite calm and lasted a few hours and it was nice speaking to his friends about how proud he was of all of us. My mum was so strong during the day and I think she is amazing.

Today we said goodbye to dad, it had stopped raining and the flowers had held out overnight well. The grave was put back beautifully and I have left dad to sleep forever in the rolling hills and quite village which he loved. I know my mum, sister and nephew who live near by will keep watch over him xx

Hi

I havent been logged on over the weekend, just read the posts, my thoughts are with you and your family, you done brilliant at the funeral, your Dad would be so proud.

lynne

xxxxxx