New to this and need help

tennis99

My Dad has just been diagnosed with PC he is 66 years old, He was in hospital earlier in the year and an MRI scan has picked up the tumours (there are 2) but I believe them to be quite small. He has no symptoms yet and he has hed a biopsy we are waiting for an appointment at the local pc centre to possibly discuss all the options, including the op.I would like to know about peoples experience of the op in particular. Thanks all for their posts it has only been a few days since diagnosis but I have been and read posts on here several times and although very upsetting it has been very helpful.

Hi

Keep your chin up, people on here are very helpful, those who's loved ones have had the op will be on to reply to you, and Jeni, the moderator us very helpful

Xxxxx

Hi

I hoped against hope that my hubby, Ted, would have the op after his diagnosis in February 2009 but he couldn't because the tumour was too near a major blood vessel. He's still very much here so the op isn't the be all and end all. Having said that it's the only possible 'cure', so I hope it is possible for your Dad.

Kind regards

Nicki