severe constipation - Help!!!!

sandra

Hi

My husband was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer 3 weeks ago. He is under the care of the palliative team, a nurse prescribed codranthramer on Thursday, he took 2 on Thursday night followed by 2 last night and 2 more this morning. He was in terrible pain last night and again this evening, also not able to eat. I have tried the "bomb" of juice and milk of magnesia suggested on this forum but nothing has worked so far. He had a glass of the "bomb" this morning and another this afternoon. I am scared to try anything else and he won't let me call the doctor.

Can anyone advise?

Many thanks

Sandra

• 2 weeks later...

I do hope by now that you have got medical help for your hubby. This happened to me 6 months after the whipple. I was taken to hospital where, after a few tests i was advised that it was a blockage caused through scar tissue after the whipple and i had to have another operation. As I was having chemo at that time, I was put in isolation alone for the 9 days i was in hospital. I was warned by the surgeon that this is actually quite common and that it could happen again. Since then I have had no troubles and i take codiene phosfate to help to control my bowels.

Hope this helps...love julie

Hi julie

Thanks for your reply. Things are better now. the district nurses have been great and sorted the problem with all sorts of things!!!!! He is now taking a different laxative as well as lactulose. Hopefully he will ask for help sooner next time.

Sandra