MUM SADLY PASSED AWAY LAST NIGHT

margb5343

Hi Everyone

Thanks so much for your kind wishes and thoughts over the last few days. Sadly mum passed away peacefully last night, I am just numb. Even though it was expected it is still heartbreaking. There definately needs to be a lot more reasearch and funding for this dreadful disease.

Will write a bit more when i feel up to it.

Love Margaret

xxxxxxxx

Oh Margaret, I am so sorry for your loss. I know how heartbroken you must be. This discease is so cruel and awful.Thinking of you and your family. Love from Marie x

Dear Margaret,

So very sorry, to here the sad news of the passing if your dearest mum.

Heartbreak is the word to describe it.

Will be thinking of you and your family.

Love

Millyjo

moderator wrote :

> Hi Margaret,

>

> So sorry to hear about your mum.

> deepest sympathies.

>

> Jeni.

Hi Jeni

Do you know where we could get any pancreatic cancer ribbons to have at mums funeral.

kind regards

margaret

xx

Hi Margaret - I'm so sorry to hear about your Mum, please accept my condolences too.

You wanted to know about pancreatic cancer ribbons.

Best to contact the Pancreatic Cancer UK office - phone them on 0203 177 1686 (working hours are 10am-4pm weekdays, leave a message if need be, they will phone you back asap) or email enquiries@pancreaticcancer.org.uk

Make sure you let them know how soon you need them. xxVee

so sorry to hear your news......... I have lost both my parents, although not to cancer and even though it is expected, when it happens it hits you like a ton of bricks. Be sad and upset some days but rememebr that your mum would want you to be strong some days too and look forward and eventually enjoy your life and get the most out of it. My sister, who is like my sister and my mum rolled into one (shes 14 yrs older than me) is in hospital with advanced panc cancer and currently has been given a matter or weeks..... heartbroken. Out of all of this, the only good thing is that I want to help others in a similar situation is what ever way I can, visiting or raise money to help with care or pancreatic cancer research etc. Its the only good I can think of and I want to do it for my sisters sake as pancreatic cancer is so harsh..... my thoughts are with you and your family

Louise xxx

Hi Louise

So sorry to hear about your sister. Nothing at all can prepare you for the loss of a loved one. I think I am kind of still in denial as its only been 5 days since mum passed away. Everyone keeps saying well at least she didnt suffer too long, which I know is good that she didnt suffer for months on end but its so harsh from getting the diagnosis to her dying 4 weeks later. We didnt actually get the prognosis until 2 weeks before she died. So for all those weeks we kept thinking that she may of been able to have chemo. I had started her on a holistic programme which I had held out a lot of hope for her but the cancer was just far too advanced for it to help her. The whole thing is just so sad, every morning I wake I just feel so sad and cannot even imagine being happy again. My two kids do make me smile and they are a distraction but I am more worried for poor dad who doted so much on mum, he is finding it so hard to accept. Nothing will ever replace mum.

Make the most of the little time you have with your sister Louise. We spent all our days with Mum. Unfortunatley Mum was unable to speak for the last two weeks which was heartbreaking to watch and had wanted to write us all letters which she never got chance to do as she deteriorated so fast. Just treasure each day and tell her everything you want to say sooner rather than later. If she wants to write letters to you , get her to do it now.

Take care of yourself and keep in touch

Love Margaret

xxxxx

Oh Margaret I'm sending virtual hugs and comforting thoughts your way. It's still very early days and everything happened so fast, it's only natural there's a huge void in your life right now. You did everything you could for your Mum and I'm sure she felt your warmth and love even when she was unconscious.

Be as kind to yourself as your Mum would want you to be...take some time for you, pamper yourself and let the family look after you for a while.

Please keep posting and let us know how you're doing from time to time.

Love

Nicki

Hi Nicki

Thanks so much for your kind words. Have been really busy the last couple of days trying to sort funeral etc. The funeral isnt until the tues 8th Feb so will have a bit of chill time and "still trying to comprehend time whats happened". Its been so difficult to take in whats happened over the last over the last 8 weeks. Im sure it will get easier with time but at the moment i cannot see that ever happening.

Luv Margaret

xxxxxx

Dear Margaret

I am so sorry to hear about your Mum xxx

If the ribbons dont come in time, i made my own, bought some purple ribbon from boyes and just cut and twist.

My family have continued to wear their ribbons in support of PCUK

I had a donation box for PCUK at Andy's funeral

Love to you and your family

Lynne

Xxxx

Hi Lynne

Thanks so much for your reply. Its been a huge support all the messages I have received. It really helps me a lot knowing people have experienced or are going through the same situation as myself and family.

I managed to speak to panceatic cancer today and she is sending out a donation box along with the ribbons which should hopefully arrive in time.

Thanks once again

luv margaret

xxxxx

Hi Margaret,

You probabaly know this but what you are feeling is normal and healthy so please don't beat yourself up about how you feel right now. My sister was diagnosed just after xmas and I fear she won't be with us that much longer so I understand what you mean by shock.....

I can tell you that when I lost my mum (I was 25 at the time), I had to try and force my self to think some things that got me through. i have no idea what your beliefs are and I am not religious (more spiritual) but I liked to think that my mum was looking down on her family and smiling at them and wanting them to be happy and healthy and to get on with their lives. She isn't suffering and is perfectly happy and she would want you to remember nice times - not the times at the end. I also thought that when I go, I would want to go peacefully and without much suffereing and this happened to your mum - little comfort I know but if you go it's the best way. I also know my mum would have wanted me to live life, expereince things and be happy. I thought thats what i would want of my family if I passed away. So being so down etc isn't something my mum would have wanted so I decided that I sometimes going to be at peace with it and at other times I was going to allow myself to be upset - you have let the emotion out thats a really healthy thing to do. Perhpas your mum would want you to be happy for the sake of her grandchildren. I actually made a list of how my mum would want me to feel and how she would want me to deal with it.

What you are feeling is normal and the pain will ease with time - honestly believe me. At the time you never think it will or should do but it does. You will always have little moments of sadness but just not feel as bad as you do now.

My thought are with you, and remember you are never alone in feeling like and there are lots of others who are going through exactly the same thing. Take tiny steps each day to trying to think of one or two positive things about your life or your childrens life if you can. You are truely gifted to have two children - I don't have any and hopefully they will be of some comfort to you

Thinking of you

Louise xxxxx

Hi Louise

You are quite right in what you say. My mum would have wanted me to carry on with life as normal. I have a photo of her on my screensaver and sit and talk to her photo about my feelings of losing her which does help me a lot.

That is a really good idea about making a list of how your mum would like you feel and deal with it, I may well do that.

Love to your sister Louise.

Luv margaret

xxxxx

• 2 weeks later...