My mother died peacefully in her sleep

Ruby

Hi

After the support I received from this board a few weeks ago, I wanted to let you know that my mum died peacefully in her sleep on 29 October and we had her funeral on Wednesday.

I was in a dilemma as to when to go and see my mum and in the end went a week earlier than I had originally planned. This gave me the opportunity to talk to my mum which was great. By the end of that week, when my aunt and sister arrived, my mum was sleeping nearly all the time and it wasn't possible to have a conversation with her. She stopped eating and drinking 5 days before she died and was sleeping nearly all the time, interacting less and less each day. Her breathing became very ragged last Thursday and we suspected that she would die during the night, which she did at 3am.

Mum was extremely well cared for in St Mary's Hospice, Ulverston, and the staff were wonderful. We could not have wished for her to be in a better place in the last couple of weeks of her life.

We were at my dad's house when she died and both my dad and I woke up at 3am that morning.

So now my mum has returned to spirit and the pain has ended.

Ruby

Ruby my thoughts and prayers go out to you and yours.I am glad you were able to spend precious moments with your mum.I was with my dad the last few weeks of his life and was so glad of that.He went to spirit in May and i'm still coming to terms with my loss.

Take each day at a time.

Pamx

Oh Ruby I'm so sorry to hear your news. However, I am glad that you got to have some real time with your Mum before she passed over.

My condolences to all of the family. I know there's nothing I can say that will help but please remember that if you need to chat/vent we're all still here for you. Be as kind to yourself as your Mum would want you to be. Make sure you get lots of sleep and take care.

Nicki

Ruby,

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your mum , I,m so pleased that the last few weeks were very peaceful for her

take care and try to get lots of rest

thinking of you all

love and hugs

Pauline xxxx

Thank you for all your care and good wishes. I found this site to be extremely useful in understanding and being able to share and read about pancreatic cancer. I think the most difficult part of this cancer is the amount of physical pain that it causes and the resulting need for painkillers takes away the ability to live life to the full. Best wishes to all of you.

With love

Ruby