A forum for family, friends and carers of pancreatic cancer patients

Moderator: volmod

Forum rules
Please see the messages in our "Rules" section

The posts on this discussion board are made by members of the General Public and are not intended to constitute medical advice
rosieh

Postby rosieh » Tue May 15, 2007 10:58 pm

Hi Karen.
It's good that your mum is back home, and I hope your relocation to Cornwall goes smoothly.

Your mum sounds very brave. We've had similar conversations with Dad over the last week or so (arranging his funeral) and I agree - it is very bizarre and unreal to do that. But, if it is important to him to have some control over things (and goodness knows he can't control his body any more) then I am really glad he's been able to talk to us about it.

I know my dad's quality of life is greatly diminished, and from time to time I do worry about what is ahead of us. But in the main, I try to concentrate on each hour/day at a time, and enjoy what we can with him.

Take care
Jan

Barb (Canada)

Karen - Relocating

Postby Barb (Canada) » Wed May 16, 2007 11:29 pm

Hi Karen ... I think you will find it comforting to be back in Cornwall with your Mom especially as the end approaches. Relocating is tough under normal circumstances so I will be thinking of you. I am here from Canada with my Mom and don't really intend on going home until its all over, but it is hard being away from my family.

I too have sat and planned my Mom's funeral with her ... its very difficult to do, but I think they need to know what is being planned to celebrate their lives. My Mom's biggest concern is that people attending get offered food and drink afterwards and that there's plenty to go around.

My Mom has requested that she stay at home and not go into hospice. My sister and I are going to do our best to make that happen I just hope we are up for it and can deliver.

Take care with the move. Barb