Dad

Karen

Hi guys, thought i would update you on dad. We met with the consultant yesterday with the results of his scan to see how the chemo has worked, his cancer has grown from 4.2cm to 5cm, so i am guessing the chemo has slowed it down although it hasn't shrunk it. He has now has 10 sessions of chemo with 2 more to go, he couldn't have it this week because of cellulitis in his ankles. I have been researching different treatments for pancreatic cancer on the net and have learnt sutent has proven to be effective in slowing the cancer down and is used in treating a cancer of the digestive system gastrointestinal stromal tumor and advanced kidney cancer. Does anyone know if this is available for pancreatic cancer patients? I am going to speak to dads consultant next week.

Dad continues to be brave and positive and i am proud to call him my dad.

Will keep in touch.

Karen.xx :)

Hi Karen

Thanks for the update - I was wondering how you were getting on. I think it's a great idea for you to go and discuss possible treatments with the consultant, at least you'll have a better idea of what the consultant thinks is right for your Dad and you can ask all the questions you wish.

Let us know how the appointment goes.

Nicki x