Mood swings

Jess

Hi, I wondered if anyone had noticed a change in there loved ones moods taking GemCap.. I realise the whole trauma of PC alone is enough to cause massive distress.. But this seems worse during treatment.. Some times he is high and wired and the next angry, cursing and slamming things..i find myself on eggshells not knowing which it will be. Its very out of character.. Thanks.

Absolutely! My husband had 12 cycles of Folfirinox in 2019 and mentally was fine. In June 2020 he was put on Gemcap. His mood was awful. He had never had much of a temper before but he became incredibly volatile - the slightest thing would set him off. It was scary. He stopped after a few cycles and his mood returned to normal. So it’s the drugs.

Thanks for your replies.. He's awful at the moment.. His chemo is adjuvant and his last cycle is in May.. Just hoping we can get through it... Some days I'm at my wits end.. I'm trying to be supportive and understanding but it's really hard going.. Im walking on eggshells most days.. Sorry for the moaning post. 🤦‍♀️