Message for Pauline

Nardobd

Hi Pauline

I didn't want to hijack Gill's topic but just wanted to say that it's nice to hear from you again and to know that you and your family are getting some comfort from knowing that your Dad is at peace. Do let us know how you're doing from time to time.

Love

Nicki xx

hi nicki

i am doing ok i think i am still in shock of how quickly things turned out in the end.

it just feels so strange going over to mums house without him there. my siser-in-law done the race for life last weekend and ran for my dad which was lovely but i couldn't watch a bit too emotional for me as it hadn't even been a week, since we said goodbye to him

i will keep you posted of how we all get on

lots of love to you and your family

pauline XXXX

Hi Pauline

None of us feel that we have enough time to say goodbye and I think it always comes as a shock. How wonderful that your Sister-in-Law did the Race for Life in memory of your Dad, although I can completely understand why it was too emotional for you to watch.

Don't forget to look after yourselves and ensure that you get enough rest. It's you and your family who are left behind who need the support now and, as always, if you need to talk, we'll be here. If not, still let us know how you're doing from time to time.

Love

Nicki xx

Hi Pauline,

Its good to hear from you. I can totally understand that you still feel in shock, especially with how quickly everything went.

Do let us know how your getting on.

Wishing you lots of strength.

Lisa x

• 3 months later...

Hi All

Just a quick note to say that today was a very hard day as it would have been Dad's birthday

we have packed mum off to my sisters for a few days to let her mind of things. she is also going to go there for christmas and new year which will be good for her but not for any of us as my sister lives just too far away ( 5 hour drive )

i hope all is well on this site

i'm going to do a purple week for the pc awareness week

take care of yourselves

lots of love and thinking of you all

Pauline

Hi Pauline,

Just know that I'm thinking of you. It's good that your Mum has agreed to go to your sister's. I'm thinking of things to keep my Mum going. I'm having her over on Halloween night (not that we celebrate Halloween but my 6 year old daughter wants to watch a scary film and have a Halloween supper!). On Boxing Day I'm taking both of them to the theatre for a panto. I'm dreading Christmas and the New Year as I guess you are too. It's so strange that life will never be the same but lets get positive and set small milestones to keep us moving forward. Keep in touch won't you xxx

Hi Pauline and it's good to hear from you again. The first big occasion after passing is so terribly, terribly difficult and I'm sending some thoughts of strength your way.

Well done for organising your Mum over this difficult period and Christmas, albeit at the expense of your own feelings.

It's great that you're getting involved next month too and very selfless. If the awareness week can save just one person's life then it will be worthwhile.

Take care and stay strong. Don't forget to let us know how you're doing.

Love

Nicki