A forum for family, friends and carers of pancreatic cancer patients

Moderator: volmod

Forum rules
Please see the messages in our "Rules" section

The posts on this discussion board are made by members of the General Public and are not intended to constitute medical advice
Corinne

Re: Thanks for sharing your experiences . . .

Postby Corinne » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:33 pm

I just wanted to thank Justamo and all the other contributors on this long and valuable post which I have read from the beginning to the end over the Christmas period. It has been so helpful to me to hear everyone's experiences which I can relate to, and give me some pointers as to how lives carry on, although at the moment I am still struggling. It is only three and a half months since my husband died, I had wanted to cancel Christmas but I have a son to consider and his life must go on. Anyway a big thank you to you all, and what a wonderful organisation PCUK is.

Justamo

Re: Thanks for sharing your experiences . . .

Postby Justamo » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:47 pm

Wow, Corinne, you deserve a medal for ploughing through all that.

I simply don't know how I would have been able to cope with any of it without the support of the forum family. As far as dealing with grief goes I'm still struggling. I spent Christmas day alone, eating fish & chips with the cat. Peter loved our Christmas Days so it's a poignant time for me, and of course it's even harder for people with families who don't have the luxury of ignoring the whole thing the way I do.

You'll get through it. Stay on the forum until you feel ready to let go. Your observations and comments will help others and we all owe a debt to PCUK for providing this platform.

As we say in this part of the world, A Guid New Year to you.