A forum for family, friends and carers of pancreatic cancer patients

Moderator: volmod

Forum rules
Please see the messages in our "Rules" section

The posts on this discussion board are made by members of the General Public and are not intended to constitute medical advice
Proud Wife

Re: Thank you and our story... but we are not that far yet!

Postby Proud Wife » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:55 pm

I HAVE JUST EMAILED PCUK TO SEE IF THE BAN CAN BE LIFTED FOR DG WHO CLEARLY NEEDS AS MUCH SUPPORT AS POSSIBLE. FINGERS CROSSED XX

Ruthus

Postby Ruthus » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:26 pm

Dear DG. Sorry for responding so late but just want to say you are in my thoughts and I hope answers can be found quickly for your dads current situation. It's absolutely terrible for you all. Lots of love Ruth X

Sandiemac

Postby Sandiemac » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:14 pm

At least he is in the hospital and they can take the strain off you and your mum for a little while to give you chance to regroup and consider your next step, which, knowing you will be to
tear in guns blazing! Thinking of you and wishing you all good news.

Proud Wife

Postby Proud Wife » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:28 pm

Really really thrilled to report back that her Dad seems to have turned a corner. DG says he's currently the best he's been in months. They have not been able to identify what caused this blip but to be honest, I think as long as he's on his way back up...

Who said this was a rollercoaster experience?!! DG, get some much needed sleep tonight xx

Elaine123

Postby Elaine123 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:03 pm

DG I was delighted to read PW's update and your Dad is on the up again.....get some good sleep tonight to ready you for whatever tomorrow brings ....there doesn't ever seem to be a day you can relax. Take care
Elaine
X

sandraW

Postby sandraW » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:01 pm

DG So good to hear your Dad is feeling a little better this evening and I hope your poor mum is too, take care love sandrax xx

Justamo

Postby Justamo » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:44 pm

Thanks, PW, for sharing DG's good news, she must be exhausted. If you read all the threads on here you would think they are all about different illnesses. I don't know what's worse - the disease or the treatment.
Chin up, DG, and fight another day.
Much love, Mo

stepuha

Postby stepuha » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:01 am

Dear DG, thank you for sharing your good news. I am so glad your dad is feeling better and you and your mum can get some rest. x Stepuha

jay

Postby jay » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:16 am

Sending you a hug DG,
love Jayne
x

Proud Wife

Postby Proud Wife » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:04 pm

So the roller coaster ride sadly continues. Please note the words poo poo are mine and not Leigha's.

Latest update:-

Hospital ceased all supportive measures. Now he his going downhill fast because he is not getting their help. It is the elephant in the room I said, everyone rejoicing at how well he looks but no one wondering why it happened to start with. And now, without the help of the hospital it is turning poo poo again. At least he is there though and will sort the drips again etc. It is the dehydration that makes him feel so awful. x

Didge

Postby Didge » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:24 am

That's awful. Bit confused, is he getting rehydration? That would make a big difference I agree.

Proud Wife

Postby Proud Wife » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:08 am

Massive, massive respect to PCUK who have now lifted DG's ban in light of circumstances. I will no longer be posting any updates, that's for DG to do as and when she's up to it I am very aware that DG has been so supportive of others despite her own family's fight so it's now payback time! Thank you so much PCUK x

Dandygal76

Postby Dandygal76 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:21 am

Dad is bad. And it is not usual PC symptoms (are their any usual PC symptoms). The main issue is massive headache which is constant. If he moves his head he is sick. If his head stays still he feels no nausea. If he looks right he can see, otherwise he is blind. The medication is barely touching this. I know it is clutching at straws but he did crook his neck bowling at new year and this seems progressively worse since then. But I have been told that when cancer is in the brain the first thing they ask is any pain in the neck. What came first... the chicken or the egg. It is rare I know for PC to go to the brain but we will have MRI results today... the only place I have not had scanned. It is just mad. He went to NHS oncology appt last week, all set for Folfirinox. They were all amazed. The cancer clinic manager even e-mailed me and said how well he is doing. There is no old cancer left but whatever it has mutated to has come back with a vengeance I think or perhaps, hopefully, the treatment has caused something else.

I just want him out of pain. I have already said to my family that if this is in his brain then we need to stop and get him to the hospice. I could push for and probably succeed in getting more chemo but at too much of a price for him. If it is something else we can fix then I will be back all guns blazing (because dad will want that). He was supposed to be at nano on his pancreas today. I have so many thoughts going through my head of how I should have got him to do this differently. Should we have started with Forfirinox? And I must remember all those times I have preached to people that there were no right answers and hindsight is a wonderful thing. Look at me thinking this... we killed the original cancer and Folfirinox has done that rarely on its own.

And to lovely 'S' that follows us... i get totally what you are saying. I am tired and I want to have a day when I don't have 25 pages of pancreatic cancer up on my laptop as well. I really get it. x

Wife&Mum

Postby Wife&Mum » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:34 am

Yay, welcome back DG, you've been missed!
I so hope your dear Dad's situation has calmed again, he's had such a bumpy ride this past week.
Love and hugs
W&M xx

Dandygal76

Postby Dandygal76 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:47 am

I just did a long post of what is happening but it did not post and it is pointless now. Scan results back. It is in his brain. Only place I did not scan as so rare. We are done.