• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sueoliver

• sandraW

• Didge

• brodders

Top Posters In This Topic

Sue, sorry to see both you and your Mum are having such a hard time. The runaround you were given for the medication sounds almost unbelieveable and obviously cost you time you would preferred to have had with your Mum. I hope it has the desired results and helps your Mum pick up. Good also that work is not a concern for now.

Keep us posted (I'm sure you will !)

Steve

X

Sorry to hear your mum is struggling but I think she will fare better with a syringe driver. ray was grateful he didn't have to swallow any more tablets and did feel better with the driver.

You are right, you shouldn't have to run around like that, I had an instance similar but not as bad - as if you aren't stressed enough!

take care

Julia x

Mum was still being sick last night so I had to go and pick up another prescription from the Dr's and more paperwork for the nurses. Had to wait for another half an hour for Dr to sort it out! Took it to Mum's and the nurse said the Dr had once again completed the paperwork wrong! I was less than impressed! Had to go back again and pick up correctly written paperwork! What is wrong with these Dr's?

They are increasing the dose tomorrow to see if it help's. The nurse has re looked at scans and everything is stable with no spread and stents fine! Does this mean it is the Cancer causing havoc with the digestive system?

Mum is very fed up and very tired! I am also tired!

Trying to keep sane! Love to everyone out there struggling with this awful Cancer. Sue x

Hi Sue, sorry I missed your post, the last thing you need when mum is so poorly, is to be messing around chasing GP's, they really should know what they are doing. At least the nurse seems as though she has her eye on the game, and is there to support you. I can't help, with wether or not the cancer is causing the problems your mum is having, but this cancer is an insidious disease, and seems to be able to hide itself away from scans.

I am not surprised your poor mum is fed up, who wouldn't be, and the fact that you feel so tired is par for the course with all the stress you are having to put up with. sending love to you both and I hope you both feel better soon love sandrax xx

Hello Sue... Sorry to read that your mum is so poorly. How is your mum today? And how are you? You and your mum are both in my thoughts.... Such a horrible thing to be going through. With love xxx

Thankyou for your support. Mum was a little better yesterday until lunchtime and then was violently sick! She slept most of the day and looked drained! The nurses are going to up the dose in the syringe driver today. This really is pretty awful! It has to be the disease that is causing all this havoc with her digestive system!

Just so cruel that someone has to go through all this!

Sue x

Hi Sue,

Sorry to read your mum is still poorly. Surely something can be done? Did you speak to the nurses here for suggestions?

It is disgusting the run around you are having getting medications as well. The health services just does not shock me anymore. We always have trouble with chemist, they have to order every month, even though everything is on repeat, and then we get other peoples!

You must be exhausted and so stressed, so pleased you don't have to go to work. Are they understanding about this?

Leila xx

Mum has gone into the local hospice today. The Dr spoke to me and said she is very poorly and weak! I feel shell shocked! I have fought and fought for her and I won't give up although I think PC is beating us! I hate this vile Cancer and everything it stands for it has ripped our lives apart!

Take care everyone. Sue x

Lots of love Sue, you are right it is a terrible cancer. Take care and stay strong, you are doing an amazing job for your precious mum.

Cate Xxxx

I'm so sorry, Sue. I hope the hospice can make her comfortable. I do know what you mean about fighting and fighting. I've been doing that on behalf of my bf for a year and a half now and I'm exhausted. Thinking of you xxx

Sue, sorry I missed your post, and I don't know why because I always look out for you and was wondering how your mum was doing. I am so sorry, you could not have done more for your Mum, if us fighting for our loved ones cured this terrible disease, we would win every time but no matter how hard we try it beats us down. I hope your mum is comfortable, and at least you can be sure she and you will get the support you need. Sending cyber (((hugs))) love sandrax xx

I'm so sorry to hear this, but I hope your mum is comfortable and as weird as it sounds that you can relax a little that she is being cared for and looked after. If only all our strength and fight can't cure cancer.

Hi Sue,

I hope that while she is there, they can help build her back up. I hope you can apget a least a few hours sleep a night, knowing that she is safe if she is ill. I hope somebody, can find out what is causing her awful sickness. I hope when she comes out, she comes out with answers and hope.

I send love to you both. It must be totally devastating.

Leila xx

Thankyou everyone. Mum is comfortable in the Hospice and she likes it there! I think she feels looked after.

The thing that I am struggling with is that she wants to get better and keeps telling the dr's she has a blockage and when that clears she will be ok! She said to me yesterday that she has to get better for the wedding and keeps saying she has to be there! I don't know if she is in denial or if she thinks she is protecting us? I know she's not ready for any of this and I'm struggling! My daughter would get married or at least have a celebration now so her Nan could be there but we know it would upset her because she thinks she will be there in August! She wouldn't understand! To say this is tearing us apart inside is an understatement!

I am going to try and talk to the hospice nurse or Dr today as they must see this sometimes! My Mum is fading away before our eyes (her body) but she is so with it mentally. How cruel is this disease?

I'm not sure I will ever be the same again this will haunt me!

I'm sorry to post this but I know you will all understand. Love Sue xxx

Hello Sue ,

I don't post often as my posting time and need for support was 2013 but still keep in touch with fellow posters you are struggling at the moment with this cruel disease it still haunts me as my hubby past away 8weeeks after diagnose and I and lots of other carers go over the things we should have done and said at the time but as my daughter says to me don't beat your self up over it you done what you thought was right at the time and she is right so just be there for your mum she is problely quite aware of what you are thinking and as a loving mum don't want to make you feel any worse than to are so hard as it is keep that smile on your face .

Take care and stay strong and know your forum friends are here for you and belive me they do make a difference as they know the horrible thing that PC is .

EmmaR x

Hi Sue it sounds to me you are doing an amazing job. My mum died 11 weeks after diagnosis, never shed a tear but also we never really discussed her death. We chatted a little re the funeral songs - but your mum may not be at this stage yet- and may live for many months and be at your daughters wedding.Just cherish and love her. I never loved my mum more than in those last weeks of her life, we never argued ( We did before the diagnosis) and those memories are so important to me now.

Take care and lots of love,

Cate XX

Thankyou Emma and Cate I have just got back from the Hospice. Mum had a really bad day today very sick and then fainted whilst sitting on the toilet! She just slept for the rest of the day.

I am truly horrified that PC can do this and I now know she can't fight it anymore!

I hope she has a better day tomorrow but I just don't know anymore. My daughter is coming home from university tomorrow and my nieces and mum's great grandson, who was born on her birthday in December, are coming on Saturday! I think this is going to be one of the hardest weekends of my life.

I can't thank you all enough for your support it means a lot. Love Sue x

Sue,

You are doing everything you can for your mum. The hospice will take good care of her so please try and get some rest yourself...

It's exhausting isn't it - like you said, this disease is so very cruel. It's good to read that your mum is comfortable (as much as she can be) at the hospice though and that she is mentally strong. I hope she has a better day tomorrow and that you are as ok as you can be too. Stay strong - we are here for you

LMD xxx

Dear Sue,

I'm sorry that your Mum had a hard day. I hope tomorrow will bring a better day. You are doing amazing supporting her! The hospice will take care of her well. It is hard for you, I know, my husband was in hospice quite a lot and when you see that they are so weak, it is heartbreaking. But as I said, you do your best and support her with your love.

I send you a lot of strength!

Love,

Susanna xxx

Hi Sue,

I know exactly what you mean. Reading your posts, you can read the sadness and desperation for help. I really know how that feels and it is truly horrible. I hope your mum is more comfortable today? Is she able to eat anything?

Sounds like your weekend will be very tough. But you are a great daughter, and I am so sure that your mum knows this. I am sure that she knows, that you are doing your all to help her.

Take care.

Leila xx

Sue, I am glad you mum is settled in the hospice and as the others have said, at least you can be sure that she will now get immediate care and not have to wait for the GP's. I hope your mum can regain some strength and you can all spend some quality time together this weekend sending love to you all sandrax xx

Mum had a much better day yesterday after they pumped fluids into her thank goodness. I wasn't feeling very well yesterday and then a rash appeared! Went to GP and I've got shingles! Not looking for sympathy but I really didn't need this! Wonder what else is going to be thrown at me!

A very fed up Sue ! Xxx