• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sueoliver

• sandraW

• Didge

• brodders

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Sue,

Hope things got sorted out for your Mum yesterday. You are doing a grand job, but I know how scary and frustrating it can all be,

Love,

Nikki

Happy Birthday Sue,

I hope Mum is feeling a little better, and you get to spend time with her even though it will be at the hospital.

take care sandrax xx

Dear Sue,

Happy birthday!

I hope your Mum is feeling better. You are doing amazingly, you are a great support for her!

Thinking of you!

Susanna xxx

Thankyou for all the Birthday messages I managed to have a nice day even though when I woke up I told everyone I was cancelling my Birthday!!

Mum seemed happier yesterday comfortable and no pain! Hopefully having CT scan tomorrow and endoscopy. Her blood sugar levels were 16.9 so they were a little concerned! My sister in law walked in with a box of chocolates for her and the nurse told her to take them home!

Anyway it's my daughters Birthday today so more celebrations tinged with sadness. Sue xxx

It's so difficult but I hope your daughter manages to have a good birthday too and that your mum is not too bad today x

My daughter had a nice birthday we visited her Nan together and opened her presents with her. I was so glad I went to the hospital as apparently in the morning there was confusion and they were refusing mum food! Thank goodness for a young girl in the bed opposite who called a nurse to sort it out apparently mum was in tears! Transpired that it was a misunderstanding! At the moment she is only allowed soft food with no lumps so all they seem to give her is jelly and soup! She will fade away at this rate! I'm going in this afternoon and I'm going to kick up a fuss if they don't sort this out soon! She can't afford to lose any more weight. She is only 6.5 stone!

Fingers crossed they do the CT scan today and endoscopy! Sue x

Still no scan! This is agonising for our whole family! Very strangely I bumped into a friend at the hospital who's brother has had a tumor removed from his pancreas! What a small world! X

Sue, I feel for you, you would think being in there, things would move a bit quicker, hope she gets sorted soon. take care sandrax xx

Hi Sue,

Sorry I haven't been on here. Your poor mum, have they done anything today for her? Why haven't they done anything up to now? It really does make me so angry.

6.5 stone, that is so small. Does Mum have an appetite?

Please let us know whats happening. Will keep an eye here. Hate not being here for you all.

Leila xx

Quick update mum eventually had a CT scan yesterday then they discharged her! I have no idea when she will get results or what she will be like at home! She is still not eating properly and still has her wind! If that's all they were going to do why keep her in since Friday instead of letting her home and calling her in for a scan? They have managed to worry her about blood sugar, stop her from eating solid food and made her cry !

I'm going to ring the pallative care nurse again today and tell her what happened!

Take care all. Love Sue x

That's really disgusting Sue. Why does nobody care these days? For what good it will do, I hope you complain. I can't imagine how your mum must be feeling.

I hope being home and having you there has made her feel more confident to eat.

Leila xx

Hi Leila she wasn't sick yesterday but hardly ate anything and refused to take her creon tablets! I made her promise me to try scrambled egg today! We will see!

How is your Dad now? Did you manage to speak to him last night?

I am thinking of you Sandra as well.

This is all so hard! Take care everyone and we must remember we really are doing our very best. Sue x

Haven't heard anything from the hospital since Mum was discharged! She has been sick several times and is hardly eating! The pallative nurse is visiting her tomorrow.

She was very quiet and seemed sad today apparently she told her friend she has had enough of it all! I have never heard her talk like that!

Stood looking at Mother's Day cards today and to be honest I felt sick!

She has an appointment at the hospital anyway on Wednesday so I presume they will give her the results of the scan then.

Sue x

Hi Sue, good luck for tomorrow, hope mum is picking up now she is home, I do think when they feel down, they just can't be bothered with anything, but to see her so sad must be, heartbreaking.

Lets hope when she goes to the hospital tomorrow, they can find out what is causing the problem and give her some medication to help her feel better, please let us know how she is take care sandrax

Good luck with the appointment today Sue. I hope they can give your Mum some positive results from the scan.

Steve

X

How sid the appointment go Sue?

Really hope Mum is ok. I really know how heartbreaking it is to see them so down, and saying such sad things. Just let her get it off her chest, swallow hard, and move on ( while you're there)

Leila xx

The scan results remain almost the same as last time! It showed a very tiny obstruction in one of the stents but the oncologist said nothing to worry about!

Mum is still being sick, has heartburn and indigestion! The pallative nurse visited yesterday and she was so lovely. She said to take more medicine to get the bowels moving properly! She seemed to think that could be the problem! I'm not sure Mum is only eating soup and yoghurt. When she tries anything solid, even scrambled egg she is sick!

She is tiny and still losing weight! Why can't anyone help her? Someone must know what's wrong ! When she got home from the hospital today she rang her GP! Not sure what he can do! She is so sad and down and says she is fed up with it all! I find it hard to believe that not one single doctor at the hospital could find out what was wrong! She will fade away if they don't help her.

This is very stressful. Sue x