Can we get together?

Dollysdaughter

Dollysdaughter

I am fairly new to this wonderfully supportive site so not sure exactly how things work. I know there are sensible restrictions on posting locations etc but I just wondered if there is any way we can find out if anybody else on the site is in our area so we can get together? I know this wouldn't suit everyone but I think myself and my mum would really like it. I have seen that there are a couple of local support groups posted but wondered if there are any means of finding out if there is anybody nearby who may benefit from a "get together"?

Thanks, Sara x

PCUK Nurse Jeni

Hi Sara,

Lovely idea that you want to meet up with folks. If you email us at support@pancreaticcancer.org.uk , then we may be able to put you in touch with some support groups. There are quite a few popping up now around the UK, which is great.

Yes, you are quite right - there are restrictions about putting too much identifiable information on the forums, as it is a public place, and really, for the users own safety. But, there may be ways around it going via us. We also have a volunteer co-ordinator at the charity, who helps with setting up support groups around the UK, so if this was something you were interested in, then do let us know, as there is support available for anyone wishing to do this.

Kind regards,

Jeni.