Is this normal?

julesgreen

Since I last posted my Dad is now in a hospice, last week he was given 2 - 4 weeks to live, but since then he seems to have perked up and after his morphine was increased he has started going home for a few hours a day, but 1 day he's sleeping all the time the next he seems 'with it' and my stepmother is saying he isn't going anywhere, I feel like I am on a rollercoaster, up one day down the next. One day I get ready for the end the next I don't know what to think,doesnt help that I cant see him myself but when I did see him last week he was in a very bad way.

I felt just like you,one day my dad was good and the next he would be rough.

You just need to take one day at a time

Take Care

Sharon

angelinamacc

Just want to send you my support at this awful time.

They told me that mum had days rather than weeks and she lived for 2 weeks more. It is awful not knowing but the staff really can only guess, I hope your Dad is as comfortable as possible though.

Love and thoughts

Angie

hi

it was exactly like this with my mum and i know how awful it is.I will be thinking of you and your family. love claude x