Such a horrible disease

jules 2015

All

My dad's journey with PC wasn't very long compared with some of the journeys on here but I am going to continue reading the posts on this site and offering support and advice where I can.

This past week has been a bit surreal with arranging the funeral, I just keep trying to focus on the fact that he is no longer in pain. The nightmare embedded but we never woke up. I'll miss my dad forever, finding it hard to come to terms that I will never see him again.

Julie x

PCUK Nurse Dianne

Hi Julie,

I am so sorry to hear of your father's passing. Our thoughts are with you at this time and on behalf of Jeni and myself and the wider staff network within the Charity, please accept our sincere condolences.

I know you have been in contact with Jeni previously, and we are still here for you in coming weeks and months.

With our heartfelt sympathy,

Jeni and Dianne

Support Team

Hi

I still can't believe that my dad has gone and that I won't see him again. The funeral and burial of the ashes has been booked for Monday, it all just seems so surreal. I designed and printed the orders of service as wanted to do something personal for my dad, I think he would approve. Just not sure how I am going to manage to get there on Monday, I am still so upset and suffer badly with anxiety, just hoping I don't faint or have a panic attack,

Julie x

Dear Julie

You have done amazingly well throughout your Dad's illness and have no doubt summoned up unknown strength from unknown sources to help you cope so far.

As you have said, he is now at peace so don't worry about Monday as you will be given the courage to see you through. We will all be thinking of you and sending you our love, prayers and support.

Love and Peace

Mike x

Hi Julie,

I understand how you feel, but believe me when I say that at times like this, you will find the strength that you didn't know you have. In time, I'm sure the horrible memories of this awful time will fade and you will remember all the happy times you spent with your Dad. Nothing can take those away from you.

Sending you love and support,

Hilary

Dear Julie ,

I feel so so sad for you but be brave as you have done through his illness I am not sure how long it will be before my daughter will feel all the feelings your are going through now so just sending you and your family lots of love and hugs you will get through Monday !!

Love EmmaR xx

Thanks all for your kind messages, we had my dad's funeral yesterday it was very emotional with lots of tears but we got through the day. There were lots of people there which was nice to see and the service was really personal. Still can't really believe this has all happened

Julie x

Hi Julie

I am so glad to hear that the service went so well and that you manged to get through the day. I am sure the fact that it went as well as it did, and was so well attended, will be of great comfort to you in the coming days and months.

With love to you and all your family

Cathy xx

So glad to the hear funeral went well and it is nice when it is personal.

The unreality bit is going to last for a while I'm afraid.

Wishing you strength.

Julia x

as well as to be expected tho, re managed to raise some money for PC research today but are hoping to raise a lot more on our PC event in our moms name on 14th december, we are already drumming up local gifts for prizes and we have some pretty good ones to raffle off so far xx I am determined to try and raise PC awareness and have ordered posters with symptoms to hand in to all the doctors practices, local hospitals and chemists, if it helps even one person to have early detection enough to have the whipple then its worth the trekking around .. am thinking of you honey and you are in my thoughts xx