Pin badges

KATB

Does anyone know how we can get hold of the purple ribbon pin badges?

I followed a link to this site from Twitter but it didn't work and I can't even find the page at all by coming here directly.

Hayulp!

Brill thank you. Only problem is it's not online ordering and it says it takes 5 business days. I wanted the pin badges for dad's funeral :-(

xxx

Hmm..

How about contacting the fundraising team directly to see if they can fastrack you??

tel. 020 3177 1669

email. fundraiser@pancreaticcancer.org.uk

I'm sure there MUST be a way.

xxx

PCUK Nurse Dianne

Hi Ladies and forum family,

Sorry about the access to the pin badges, I will address this with the fundraising team. If any of you ever wish to access any of these products, please do feel free just to call the fundraising team, especially when there is a weekend before your event, so that we can ensure that they are posted out to you in time for your needs (ie funeral).

You can contact fundraising team on 020 7820 6703/5 or if all else fails phone the reception desk (020 3535 7090) and ask to be put through to fundraising. Hopefully we can get this sorted in time for you Kate.

Regards,

Dianne

Hi Kate

Not sure if this helps but we made our own for mum's funeral. We just bought purple ribbon and safety pins and gave them out at the funeral. In the eulogy I explained what they were and asked people to wear them and remember mum.

Dawn

What a lovely idea Kate, I wish I had thought of that. We are going to continue to support PCUK and Rebecca has signed up to do the Great Wall of China trek along with her boyfriend on behalf of the charity plus another 10K next. We want to also do some local fund raising so will remember about the purple ribbons. Hope you receive them soon

Karen xxx

Hi all,

We are also planning a big fundraising event next year in Dave's memory, to raise funds for PCUK, when my daughters, family members and friends are going to complete the Three Peaks Challenge in 24 hours!!! Dave was a member of a Mountain Rescue team and SARDA (search and rescue dogs)and carried out many sponsored abseils for various charities. We are hoping to continue this local funraising in the future for PCUK so will keep the ribbons in mind.

Hilary

Hi all, the pin badges are on their way out to us and I've also requested donation envelopes.

I liked the look of the Great Wall of China trek but I think we will probably go for 3 peaks too. For now I've signed up to the Manchester 10K next May with my brother and auntie.

xxx

Blooming fantastic! I think you are all amazing, the purple badges are great, I am going to get loads and raise money by selling them Are you allowed to do that? Bill taught in a large grammar school so I guess I could start with the staff! They are terrific about visiting and keeping in touch so I'm sure I could make some money. As for the Great Wall and the Three Peaks.....bloody good on ya. Get training. If I told Bill I was going to do something like that he would fall out of bed laughing! He walked the mountains all his adult life, not for me. I cooked for them on their return. Perhaps fundraising idea in the cooking, who knows.

Bill fell downstairs on Tuesday head first into a wall. Cut his eyebrow and head but no broken bones. It could have been an awful lot worse!

Off we go today for his big scan. Help. Cross everything.

Karen, did all go well for you, do you do Facebook? Kate, Julia and I all on there.

Hi June

Really sorry to hear of poor old Bill's fall. As you say, thank goodness he is ok and not hurt more badly.

I think I found you on facebook and sent you a message. Are you the blonde glamourpuss in a fascinator??

Cathy xx

You are all amazing woman, I love you all! x

Dawn, that is a good idea making your own ribbons. The ones Kate has ordered are not ribbons though more like a badge in the shape of a ribbon.

xxx

June - thinking about you both and the scan results. Keeping everything crossed. Hope Bill's ok after his fall too.

Right I'm switching to Facebook to find you lovely ladies xxx

Yes, me too June. Hope Bill is feeling a little better. xxx

Karen, look for Jools {name removed - moderator}, there is a picture of half a face!

Is that you??

I saw that photoo,! You look like Kate on twitter? :)

I'll do a friend request now. I'm a Catherine

Karen, looking out for you too....

Xxxx