J-T, Karen, Cathy??

Jwilson

Has something gone a bit wonky on the forum? I could see that people had posted recent messages but when I looked I couldn't find the recent stuff? Perhaps I am being a bit thick!

How are things with all of you? Please......no bad news for anybody.

Bill about to start round three of chemo tomorrow. Within the next couple of weeks he will have a scan to see if the chemo is helping. Dreading that meeting!

Anyone else got DVT in the calf muscles? Bill taking claxane for that but the doc is concerned about the amount of swelling in the legs and feet. Could be kidney function or the tumour leaning on superior vena cava. Dunno how you spell that. Really hope its not the latter but that's why they couldn't do the Whipple in the first place so it seems likely. You should have seen the pantomime of us attempting to put compression socks on his trotters! A two man job I tell you.

Would love to know how all are coping and everything crossed that no body has bad news or in hospital!

June W

Great to hear from you June, we've all been wondering what's been going on. Really compression sock application is really no excuse, I'm betting you've just been shop, shop, shopping! lol

Ray has bi-lateral DVT but where exactly in the legs I have no clue. He doesn't wear any kinky stockings though (steps two paces away from June!)

Ray is not brilliant, will update my thread.

Hi June W

Can't help with the DVT I'm afraid but the professionals have a neat trick for the socks. Just put the polythene bag they come in on the foot and the compression sock slides over it really easily - the bag is then removed through the opening at the toe of the sock - easy peasy!

Mike M

Hi Mike! Have been wondering about you too! I remember that trick when I did my dad's socks after heart surgery! How could I forget? Dear old dad is still going strong at 92!

Hi June

We've all been wondering about you and how you and Bill were getting on. Don't think any of us imagined it involved kinky socks!!! LOL!

Lots of experience of clexane but not what poor Bill has. Jonathan's DVT was in his arm and clexane zapped that pretty quickly.

Jonathan is pretty good as he is allowed to stop clexane now, having Picc line removed tomorrow as well.. His very recent scan results showed a reduction after 8 sessions of FOLFIRONOX so he is on a break (unfortunately having a bit of tummy trouble but that's another story).

Really good to hear from you June :)

Also Julia, great to hear from you too :) I will update your thread.

Mike, also great to hear from you. Good tip re the stockings. Must tell my Dad (who wears them for leg ulcers)

Xxx

Thanks girls and boys, good to hear from you! Latest news.....Bill in hospital as of yesterday. Clots in his chest! He was feeling really dreadful and very breathless. We made it to the hospital for the chemo but he didn't get it, they admitted him instead. I am glad they did as I was worried about him, he seemed to go downhill within a few days. No retail therapy recently I am sorry to say but Autumn fast approaching so Summer clothes and open shoes will have to be put away. I see an opportunity coming....maybe footwear and a coat could be on the list?

June

Hi June,

Poor old Bill but he is definitely in the right place. They will be able to keep an eye on him and administer whatever he will need to make him more comfortable and hopefully get back onto his chemo regime as soon as he feels well enough.

Let's hope he will be out soon to admire your new winter wardrobe before you buy out N Ireland. ;)

Take care June

Cathy xx

Cathy......one pair of boots yesterday that is all!

So shocked opening up the forum to hear that Bob has gone. Poor Karen. You feel you really know these poor sufferers don't you. You just feel for everybody as you know what this bloody disease is like. I am crying my lamps out for a man I never met and I'm sure everyone on here is too. Hope it's a wee bit of comfort for Karen to know people are thinking of her during this awful time. Can't believe it.

June W

Bill got home today. One more injection of clexane is all they were doing so they let him come home. He is not right though. Muddled, exhausted, confused. I do not know what to expect next. I think he should have had a fluid drip but didnt want to tell them their job. Plus.....I got there after two and all the morning drugs are still sitting there un taken. The morphine ones I really hope were swallowed but all the rest still there. They must have thought he was alert enough to take them unsupervised but he probably fell asleep and forgot. Don't you sometimes feel you are checking on everyone and trusting no one?

June W.......wine poured. It's after seven and Friday after all. Subdued cheers from Norn Iron

Katb! Ok so now you are snoring on the sofa I am guessing! Two gins and second glass of wine! Oh well raise a glass to Bob who fought the fight.

June W

Me too, the terrifying reality of this all has just hit me like a brick again hearing about Bob, a million why's and still no sodding answer!!

I guess live for now is all we can do and cherish our loved ones, the future is a scary place!

Have a good evening e everyone, weird that strangers become a lifeline isn't it?

Bee xx

Bee!!! :)

Not heard from you for a little while so was hoping all was well with you and hoping you were just getting on with living life? Hope so. :)

Have a lovely evening... I'm now definitely off to open that wine!

xxx

Hi ladies,

Doing ok , scan results awaited so a bit fragile, just in limbo again. Should know more in a week or so, trying to keep positive but still nervous. Pain killers all increased, want to know why he is in more pain but then again I don't , you know how it is!!

Take care all

Bee x

Hi June, hope that DVT is on the way to being dealt with. Sounds worrying, if hopefully soon sorted.

Bee, so sorry there's another uncertainty - enough left fielders for a lifetime I think! Hope that pain get's dealt with, root cause gets found for you and scan has what you hope for.

As for Karen. Scrawled something, probably clumsy and unhelpful on her thread, but really am with you ladies. She had been particularly supportive to me on and offline because we live close, even in the short time I've been posting....

No more words really...will follow you ladies into the wine bottle and raise another glass to Bob.

Sarah

Fingers crossed for you Bee. Absolutely with you on how you are feeling. You want to know the scan results and for the day to come now and then you dread it as well. I think it feels like being stuck on a ride but you can't stop it to get off.

When is the appointment? I'm going to be away and bereft of wifi but can seek out an Internet cafe to keep in touch. I don't think that the pain killer increase is necessarily indicative of anything btw. Fingers and anything else that will cross it won't be. Will be thinking of you.

Cathy xxx

Duh......I really am thick. I have just today found the little box which indicates that there are a whole pile of posts! The ones that I thought I couldn't access! So sorry, forgive me as I am 58 with an addled brain. Jealous of that Cathy bird packing her bikinis for Crete! You know what? Wi fi my arse......have a great holiday and forget cancer. Eat seafood, drink wine and paddle at the waters edge.....bliss. Then tell us all how lovely it was afterwards.

June W

I'm with you June - BTW I'm 40 and bikinis have never been an option for me. My attitude - less to slap the factor 50 on and more room to rest my sangria while sunbathing :-)

Sarah

You are ONLY 40! Sure you are a child. I wish I was 40 again. I am 58. One thing though.....once you hit 40 flab just appears like magic and it sticks! Have not had a bikini since mid 30's. more beached whale than bay watch! So what, my fat stops me getting colds. Have fun. I am so jealous

June