A Yabadabado Celebration!

karen17

Well today we went for Bob's MRI results and I'm delighted to say it was good news. Following 12 cycles of folfiranox the results are a significant reduction again in the pancreas with the liver mets now reduced from 14 to 2 small ones! No spread to any other organs, bones or lymph nodes. The oncologist has finally agreed to refer for a surgical opinion both within our hospital and to approach another PCT of our choice. Also still considering Nanoknife. He says Bob is doing incredibly well. His only problem is the tingling and numbness in hands and feet which seem to be getting worse ( very dodgy driving!!! ) and when he lowers his head he gets like an electric shock down his legs. This is all due to the oxyplatin and have been told that some people develop this months to a year following chemo. If surgery is out then he will continue to be scanned 3 monthly and restart chemo when the little b****rs become active. For now we are happy and intend to enjoy the summer with lots of things planned. Now heading for the fridge to crack open the wine!!!

Really pleased for you both..... Hope you enjoyed the wine!

I too am poised to look seriously at Nanoknife if my CT scan on 8th August does not go the way we hope.

For now, like yourselves, we are just having as much fun as this thing will allow us!

Steve

Xx

Hi Karen,

Fantastic news!! You must be so happy and relieved after Bob had been worried.

Really really pleased for you.

PS: Jonathan's tingling got better then got a bit worse when we were away on holiday but our oncologist said it should get better in time.

Enjoy the rest of your summer :)

xxx

Karen, I am just seeing your post about Bob's MRI results. No wonder you were over the moon, its good to hear positive feedback. Bills chemo starts tomorrow. I have no idea what type he will be given. All I know is that its three weeks on and one off and that one day every week he will be going to hospital to get an IV drug. The other days he will be taking two tablets. He has been really rubbish this last week as the pain is awful and sometimes he can't get out of bed. However the nurse is coming today so hopefully she will advise that he increases his dosages. The GP has just called but we have to wait for the nurse in order for her to ring the doctor to change the script!!! Another spin to health centre as the drugs are controlled and can't be faxed to the pharmacy.

Well any more retail therapy? I have been a bit bad on the handbag front!!! Still, we didn't get on our holiday. Good enough excuse do you think?

June

Really glad Bob is doing so well!

Hi June, retail therapy always helps and in our cases is always allowed !

It sounds like Bill is going to have gem/cap. Three weeks of cap...... Tablets twice a day, every day and gemcitabine IV once a week for three weeks and then a week off. Am guessing so anyway. Hope all goes well

Bee xx

In my opinion June a girl can never have 2 many shoes or handbags :-)

Bit worried bout bob now as over weekend has become jaundiced. Just typical when appt is 2moro. Why when scan was good! Hope all goes well with you

Hi Karen

Best of luck tomorrow for you and Bob. Given his scan results I can't see that it can be something they won't easily be able to resolve?

Let us know how you get on.

Xx

Ps. Retail therapy - Accessorise Accessorise!!!

Good luck Karen for tomorrow. Lets hope for not too bad an experience with the first chemo, sure he can't get much worse! Sadly the Mulberry sale is now over so I may just come home and wait for Bill to be finished!

June

Have lost a bit of my yabadabbers :-). Jaundice confirmed and will need stent at some point especially if havin more chemo. Surgery is not an option ( expected ) so only have the option of more chemo when required. They think that although the tumour has not grown in width it is obviously blocking the bile duct. Only been off chemo a month! Will c wot oncologist thinks. I know I keep sayin this but I hate this disease and its sneaky ways!!!

Hi,

Not surprised you are fed up, we are all with you in hating this disease. It just seems impossible to second guess it.

When is the stent likely to be put in or don't you know yet?

Chris had stent put in last year and it has been working perfectly since, (looking for lots of wood to touch now!!).

Hopefully your oncologist can shed some light on the way forward, take care

Bee xx

Hi Karen,

You suspected I guess but what a b*****d so soon after Bob's scan. It doesn't take away his fantastic scan results of course and as Bee said, stents do seem to do the trick but so effing frustrating.

Thinking of you

Xx

Hi Karen,

I'm reading yours and Bob's notes with - I will admit, a little trepidation and a bit of panic. I know everyone is different, but my Chemo will be stopping at the end of August and I'm scared......

Half of me will be pleased to see the back of it because I am so tired, but the other half of me is frightened at having my safety blanket taken away. No option of surgery for me either.

My tumour also reduced significantly in size, in the pancreas and also in the liver, but it's so frightening....like you say....how quickly it can take hold again.

I do wish you both well and if you're anything like me, your living life to the full and making the most of everyday.

It's such an awful disease and so unfair.

Linda x

Hi Karen, sorry, I seem to have missed this bit of rubbish news. What an absolute bummer when you were feeling so UP!

Good luck to Bob with the stent and hope you're soon back yabbadabbadooing!

Julia x

Thank u everyone for your comments. Try not 2 worry Linda everyone is so different. They said that the tumour may not have spread but in shrinking has compressed the bile duct. Been readin ur old posts Julia cos poor bob is doin good monkey impressions he's so itchy. Did u get the medication from gp? We just have 2 get on with it and he is well In himself. Takin him 2 Newmarket races 2moro night with close friends and family. Champagne chillin, posh picnic and kaiser chiefs woo hoo :-)