A forum for family, friends and carers of pancreatic cancer patients

Moderator: volmod

Forum rules
Please see the messages in our "Rules" section

The posts on this discussion board are made by members of the General Public and are not intended to constitute medical advice
karen17

Re: A Yabadabado Celebration!

Postby karen17 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:53 pm

Have lost a bit of my yabadabbers :-). Jaundice confirmed and will need stent at some point especially if havin more chemo. Surgery is not an option ( expected ) so only have the option of more chemo when required. They think that although the tumour has not grown in width it is obviously blocking the bile duct. Only been off chemo a month! Will c wot oncologist thinks. I know I keep sayin this but I hate this disease and its sneaky ways!!!

Bee

Postby Bee » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:17 pm

Hi,
Not surprised you are fed up, we are all with you in hating this disease. It just seems impossible to second guess it.
When is the stent likely to be put in or don't you know yet?
Chris had stent put in last year and it has been working perfectly since, (looking for lots of wood to touch now!!).
Hopefully your oncologist can shed some light on the way forward, take care
Bee xx

Cathy

Postby Cathy » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:37 pm

Hi Karen,

You suspected I guess but what a b*****d so soon after Bob's scan. It doesn't take away his fantastic scan results of course and as Bee said, stents do seem to do the trick but so effing frustrating.

Thinking of you

Xx

LindaH

Postby LindaH » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:34 am

Hi Karen,

I'm reading yours and Bob's notes with - I will admit, a little trepidation and a bit of panic. I know everyone is different, but my Chemo will be stopping at the end of August and I'm scared......

Half of me will be pleased to see the back of it because I am so tired, but the other half of me is frightened at having my safety blanket taken away. No option of surgery for me either.

My tumour also reduced significantly in size, in the pancreas and also in the liver, but it's so frightening....like you say....how quickly it can take hold again.

I do wish you both well and if you're anything like me, your living life to the full and making the most of everyday.

It's such an awful disease and so unfair.
Linda x

J_T

Postby J_T » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:45 am

Hi Karen, sorry, I seem to have missed this bit of rubbish news. What an absolute bummer when you were feeling so UP!

Good luck to Bob with the stent and hope you're soon back yabbadabbadooing!

Julia x

karen17

Postby karen17 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:54 pm

Thank u everyone for your comments. Try not 2 worry Linda everyone is so different. They said that the tumour may not have spread but in shrinking has compressed the bile duct. Been readin ur old posts Julia cos poor bob is doin good monkey impressions he's so itchy. Did u get the medication from gp? We just have 2 get on with it and he is well In himself. Takin him 2 Newmarket races 2moro night with close friends and family. Champagne chillin, posh picnic and kaiser chiefs woo hoo :-)