He made it!

Jwilson

Bill, my husband who has inoperable PC, diagnosed in April, made it to our daughter's wedding on July 6th. The whole day was fantastic, the pain was under control and all that he needed to do was go and have a lie down for an hour now and again. We had a really fabulous weekend and he made a great speech. Apart from the weight loss you could have been fooled into thinking he was in robust health. We have brilliant support from a hospice team. They got the pain sorted out just in time. Now he takes 60mg OxyContin morning and night and 20mg oxynorm for breakthrough pain. Those girls are terrific and the GP's seem to take their advice when it comes to pain relief. Anyone else having bother with constipation? This appears to cause a lot of pain even though Bill takes 3 laxatives a day. Oh....wedding photos.....Facebook! Under June Wilson, best day ever in the most beautiful venue in the Irish countryside! J

Sounds like a wonderful day for you and Bill, June! How brilliant the pain was sorted just in time, AND continues to be kept in check :)

Love to see your photos, I've had a look at a couple of June Wilsons but none seem to be you lol! What is your profile picture?

Julia x

Hello June, glad to hear you and Bill made the wedding and were able to enjoy the day. It must have been something special that Bill was able to walk down the aisle with your daughter.

Bill's experience is close to my own. I was diagnosed in February and had my daughter's wedding on 6th April. There was initially a little uncertainty but in the end we had a brilliant day. I remember having three glasses of champagne or wine in front of me and not been able to finish any of them. One of the features of this disease is I've lost the taste for alcohol and coffee, still they didn't go to waste.

Hi June

I remember you posting before the wedding and wondering if Bill would be up for it and your worryig about him being in pain so that fact that he made it and it was such a success is fantastic.

My partner did have a bit of a problenm with constipation early on in his treatment which also caused a bit of pain. He used laculose (bought over the counter without prescription) which helped a little but it actually just seems to have resolved itself now and he hasn't had any problem going to the loo for a while.

Kind regards

Cathy xx

Hi Mark, how are you doing? Have you had your results yet?

I didn't know your daughter had recently married, so pleased to hear you too were able to enjoy a wonderful day :) Pity about the fizz!

Julia x

Julia? My profile picture has two people in it! My daughter Vicky is on the left and half of a blond woman's face is on the right. I hate pictures of me! I think I am wearing a black top. The info might tell you I teach in Wallace High School too. Friend request me. There are piles of pictures on there or I can email them.

By the way Bill is still having bouts of dreadful pain even with all the drugs. The pain goes round to his back and last night it got so bad that he vomited. You feels so useless.

Good luck finding me on FB, such a common name you see oh don't forget I live in Northern Ireland that might help narrow your search.

June

Wonderful news June with regards to your daughter's wedding and your husband being able to attend. So sorry his pain is now causing him trouble.

Linda x

hi June, I found your profile but not the photos but I looked for your daughter and found some on there :mrgreen:

Your daughter looked stunning, well both of them did, bridesmaid dresses were gorgeous. In fact they were fabulous photos and so pleased you had a wonderful day.

Julia x

Odd Julia. I thought that I had shared lots of photos on my profile page. Must have a look at it. Vicky changed her name today to her married name, Mintey. I know, it's unusual! Laura is one of the bridesmaids. I guess the one who looks most like the bride

June x