Pain!

Jwilson

Peas! Beans! Don't they give you wind. Flipping mine field this. Two lunch times Bill fancied beans on toast and I thought bloody hell BEANS! No bother, he liked it. Anyway fingers crossed for steroids giving him a boot up the very skinny bum! X

So pleased Bill's problems seem to be sorting themselves out, what a relief! Hope he continues to improve and is well for the wedding.

Wind? Its an occupational hazard, beans or not!

Julia x

Looking at your posts I cannot help but smile.

I am having to put so much pepper on my food that I end up sneezing all the way through eating it. Sometimes though I buy a really strong pickle and the first taste is fabulous, then after that, it really knocks me sick....can't win.

Onions, especially spring onions.....my poor hubby is suffering with the smells of pepper and onions in the house, but hey! A girl's got to have what a girl's got to have.

Linda

Still Bill has not got the pain under control, sometimes its terrible and food.....I don't think so! The surgeon saw him today for post op check up. He is going to refer Bill to have a coeliac plexus block done. They do it by scope and basically kill the nerves that are causing the pain. Pity he won't have it done before the wedding on Saturday! I asked about this a couple of weeks ago and that doctor said no. He has lost so much weight and is just over nine stone, unlike chunky wife. I must be eating for both of us or something!

Gosh June, that seem a long time to not get the pain under control! I'm sure it should be sorted by now!? Thank goodness you're going to get the nerve block but too damn late for the wedding! :(

I hope Bill still manages to enjoy the day, though I guess it will be tiring for him. Is he doing a speech? Will be emotional day all round. Have a fabulous time!

Julia x

Oh June what a shame he can't have the nerve block till after the wedding. I don't know much about these blocks. Does he have to stay in or is it a day procedure?

As Julia says the wedding is going to be such an emotional day for all of you. Is everything all ready for the big day?

Hello, this is my first time here so not very familiar with how things work I'm afraid so hope you can all be patient with me!

My mother was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer back in October of last year, they diagnosed here from only the ct scan and an elevated CA19-9 marker. All the biopsies they've taken have all shown up as negative and a biopsy taken of a suspected tumour in the bile duct showed only benign mucosa when she had a stent inserted. Up until then she was in a lot of pain but taking Tramadol, Paracetamol and Pregabalin, a great combination and eased the pain.

My mother is 75 on Tuesday and I just feel that unfortunately with the poor prognosis of PC, that this will be her last birthday!!!! She commenced chemotherapy on the 3rd June, Gemcitamine, and has done really well on it. She has three weekly courses then a week off but has only been able to tolerate two out or the three sessions. Apart from feeling a little tired for a couple of days she has had no other symptoms and her scan shows that the tumour has been stable for the last four months and is due for another scan in approx two weeks, I'm dreading the results!!!

Up until October of last year my mother was an extremely healthy lady, had never smoked or even drunk any alcohol so the diagnosis came as devastating news to us all. Because of the poor prognosis of PC I didnt think she would have seen Easter let alone another birthday but we are now into the 9th month after diagnosis and she is looking fantastic, eating well and keeping her weight. Apart from the fact that she is on chemo and has lost some of her hair, nobody would know that she is an ill woman.

I think my mother is doing really really well, both physically and mentally but I know the time will come when she will deteriorate, I'm absolutely dreading what's to come but try not to think about it too much!!!

If you take the time to read this then thank you very much, its good to know that other people are going through the same thing.

Nia

Sorry but I said that my mother commenced on chemo in June - I mistyped and meant to say January!!! ooops

Hi welshgirl and welcome.

Sorry to hear your mum has been diagnosed with this awful disease but glad to hear she seems to be doing well :)

I tend not to think about the future, don't see the point. We live each day as it comes and hope for the best!

best wishes

Julia

Thanks for the welcome.

I, like you, dont think of the future any more or plan anything cos I've realised that life is very unpredictable, we deal with each day as it comes.

I've read other stories on here and a lot of people loose their appetites along with rapid weight loss, luckily at present my mother has a really good appetite, actually eats more than the rest of us so her weight is stable.

Hi June,

I just wanted to say I hope all goes well for the big day on Saturday, I am sure it will be very emotional, will be wishing you well and it looks like you might get some sunshine!!

Bee xx

Slewis7313

Hi June, not much more I can add to the comments from our friends on this forum. My first concern on diagnosis in December was that I would not make my daughter's graduation which I will be attending a week today!

I hope you all have a great day tomorrow.

Best wishes

Steve

X

Slewis7313

Apart from the obvious common issues we face, the Wales bit caught my eye as I too am lucky enough to be of that noble race! Your Mum seems to be holding her own with the illness which is great to hear. I see that you have posted on several threads, but you may find it more useful to start your own which will be easier for both you and us to comment on. Whatever happens, you will find lots of support from the lovely people who frequent this forum!

Speak soon

Take care

Steve

Hi Steve

Many thanks for your advice, I was unsure how this worked so I just posted on the first thing I saw. I will start my own post. I would certainly like to hear more about your story, since receiving the diagnosis with mum I have become very very interested in PC and how it affects people in different ways.

Hope you are getting on ok with your illness and thanks once again.

Nia

Hi June,

I was thinking about you on saturday so was pleased to hear that the wedding went beautifully. You were blessed with the lovely weather too.

Steve - enjoy the graduation. You will be the proudest dad there

News on the pain front. Bill is getting a coeliac plexus block done tomorrow. I think it zaps all the nerves around the area where the pain is coming from. It's done by putting an endoscope down and probably will mean he will be able to cut back on the drugs. Wedding on Saturday was fabulous.......see Facebook! Just look for June Wilson. Bill was great. 60mg OxyContin seemed to do the trick. That plus a couple of rest spells in bed.

June

• 4 weeks later...

So 80mg OxyContin night and morning......that dosage has helped loads. First chemo yesterday, yes Bee it's gem/cap he is getting. Very long tiring day but now we know what to expect next week. Luckily we live close enough to the hospital to come home for a few hours after the bloods are done and nip back down to get the IV stuff in.

Karen, what about Bob and the jaundice?

June