Anyone had similar ??

benji

My husband John was diagnosed with cancer of the pancreas and spots on the liver in November. We were told that is was not operable, but treatable. He had a stent put in his liver on Nov 24th, which was unsuccessful. He then had a nerve block a week later. On Dec 16th, he had a bile duct procedure, which was not a 100% success, due to that they could not get it down all the way. The doctors tried 3 times, they then took him back in on Dec 24 and tried again without total success. He was admitted to hospital on Dec 27th, due to the terrific pain in was in with the stent. He was in hospital until last Wed, Jan 9th, where he as transferred to a Sue Ryder hospice for pain management. We were told before he went there, that once they had sorted his pain relieve out, he would start chemo. We have now been told that more than likely chemo will not be an option as they cannot get the bile duct situation sorted out. Has anyone else been in this situation and had a different kind of bile duct procedure or operation to clear the bile duct?

If anyone can give us any help.

Jen

Hi jen sorry to hear of your husbands diagnosis my father also has inoperable pc, I can. Highly recommend the advice line on this website give tthem a ring and they should be able to point you in the right direction good luck let me know how things go, petra xx

PCUK Nurse Dianne

Hi Jen,

I have just noticed your forum thread. I will email you for some more information and hopefully be able to guide you in the right direction.

Kind regards,

Dianne

Support Team

I think Jen posted twice on different threads? I replied on the other thread but glad that the support team have picked up on her query and are contacting.

Deb

x