A forum for advanced pancreatic cancer issues

Moderator: volmod

Forum rules
Please see the messages in our "Rules" section

The posts on this discussion board are made by members of the General Public and are not intended to constitute medical advice
DRAD3

Re: brother dying so much unresolved in his life

Postby DRAD3 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:36 pm

So very sorry to hear that your brother has died. You have been a pillar of strength to him and his partner. It is lovely that you had that precious time to communicate your love for one another and for your family to make peace - that will certainly help you in the weeks and months to come. So lovely to have "met" you but so sad that the circumstances had to be as they are. Another sad loss. Sending you my love and will be thinking of you.
Deb
x

littlesister

Postby littlesister » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:54 am

Thank you for your kinds words, Deb, Louie and Ella. Wiped out Sunday, just hoping funeral goes without any rancour. Feel strangely alone since I no longer have siblings,having also lost my sister to cancer some years ago; thankfully I have wonderful children who make me feel very loved and needed and hopefully, I will not see any other loved ones suffer such pain again.

charney

Postby charney » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:10 pm

I am so sorry of your loss, I lost my mother in law on Sunday also, two more
brave people lost to this wicked disease.
my thoughts are with you and your family as I know what a hard emotional time this is right now.
best wishes
cheryl xx

littlesister

Postby littlesister » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:39 pm

Cheryl, I am so sorry. I expect it has also been a hard roller coaster for you all, not to mention the pain and associated awful symptoms of our loved ones. So glad they are free of this beast but.......................

Support Team
Site Admin

Postby Support Team » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:59 pm

I am very sorry to hear that your brother has died. Please accept my condolences on behalf of Pancreatic Cancer UK.

Anna

rachelqt

Postby rachelqt » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:11 pm

Im so sorry to read about your brother. You were so strong and brillant for him and his wife. Im glad that you both were able to get your feelings across in the final weeks.
Takecare of yourself
Rachel x

littlesister

Postby littlesister » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:36 pm

Thank you Rachel,
well my worries about the funeral are no longer because I won't be there. I booked and paid for a holiday begining 7th Sept a while back, haven't had a holiday for long time, no longer needed so going. Funeral looks like it will be 11th.... My wonderful children will be there to support MBP and their cousins and I know they will do it well. MBP wants me to record some sort of address and I will do that. The last time I cancelled a holiday and lost loads of money was for a grandchild who was very ill and his parents needed support and help. This time, I can no longer help, have stand ins, thanks to my children and I am going. So no sweat, I trust they will all be aware of each other's feelings and needs and I will be elsewhere, taking care of my love for good wine, good cheese, good company and being thoroughly self indulgent.I will of course, be thinking of them all and raising a glass to my brother on the day.