A forum for advanced pancreatic cancer issues

Moderator: volmod

Forum rules
Please see the messages in our "Rules" section

The posts on this discussion board are made by members of the General Public and are not intended to constitute medical advice
DRAD3

Re: bri's progress

Postby DRAD3 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:56 pm

Hi Laura
Wonderful news! And well done for the amazing fund-raising too! Did you manage to get to your counselling appointment? Was it helpful? You have been through such a lot, Laura and continue to live with the worry of "what if", so understandably you feel very weary. The time of year doesn't help - so cold and grey. I know you have a lot to be thankful for but you are also entitled to be totally fed up too - guilt free! Take care of yourself and have a well deserved rest.
lots of love
Deb
x

Sammy-Lou

Postby Sammy-Lou » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:40 pm

Just trying to pop in on my wonderful forum friends. Hope you are well Laura? Hope Bri is still doing well too! Xx

laura

Postby laura » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:42 pm

hello sammy-lou, so very sorry to read of annes passing, i cannot imagine how you are all feeling, but feel sure that all the strength and support you gave to your hubby and to anne will also now help you through this very differently sad time, i really hope you will soon find some peace and comfort, and be able to enjoy your precious little girl,xxxx

really pleased to say Bri is doing remarkably good regards the P.C, scans showing no change, we are so very lucky I know.

he has had couple of blips!! on 5th april had numb lower right leg which at night progressed to totally paralysed left foot and ankle. out of hrs called as this was saturday, they collected him by ambulance, mri scan of whole spine----- nothing
bloods done ---- nothing,, however blood sugars are back up, also b.p bit on high side.
right leg back to normal, foot drop [- its name!] still there?

following friday, 12th, his speech went gobbledy gook for bout 4/5 mins, this has since been confirmed as T.I.A, but no residue of any problems. been seen by tia clinic and stroke nurse, so your guess whats going on is as good as ours, the things he will do to keep my attention lol, but he seems to be well, very tired but well,

me, im not too bad, life seems a bit of an effort at time,age i guess, my daughter [the twin] is still not coping with her twins death.n i dont seem able to help much, she has a councillor for her own probs and also a bereavement councillor who deals specially with suicide, [how awful, there must be so many] so she has support and guess it will take time.

bri and i are off to turkey next friday 26th [ fingers and everything else crossed eh ]
for a week, its a local flight from newquay which is marvellous, must admit i am really looking forward to this one, our last just after wendy dying wasnt great, still miss her so much, am keeping eye on her hubby now as hes not too good, trying not to get too involved, but wouldnt see him without support.

enough of me and my moans, sorry, thank you so much for thinking of me and bri in the midst of your sadness, thinking about you tomorrow, love to you sammy-lou, and all my other soul mates on here, debs, hows you love? love to all and strength laura xxxx

charney

Postby charney » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:07 am

Hi Laura
So nice to hear that Brian is still doing well despite his blips as you call them, such hope to others on here. I hope you enjoy your holiday in turkey, you both certainly deserve it. take care,
cheryl xxxxxxxxx

DRAD3

Postby DRAD3 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:48 am

Hi Laura - so lovely to hear from you and wonderful news that Bri is still keeping the enemy at bay! I am not too good at the moment. It is that awful time that many will relate to - the first anniversary of Gary's death. Vivid memories just keep coming back, which I don't seem to have any control over and I am just trying to go with the flow and get through the next couple of weeks. My daughter and I are going down to Cornwall for the May Day bank holiday to scatter his ashes - this will coincide with the anniversary of the funeral (and what would have been Gary's 48th birthday). I feel that this is another "obstacle" to get over and am not sure how it will effect me - I am still surprised how little I am in control of my feelings (not a comfortable place for me!) I am just trying to be very kind to myself and am spending time with good friends and do very little (which is why I have not been active on the forum lately - sorry everyone).
Sending my love and strength to you and to everyone else. You are all in my thoughts.
lots of love
Deb
x

KATB

Postby KATB » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:54 am

Oh Deb it must be so hard, I can't imagine. Sounds like you are doing the right thing in being kind to yourself. Day by day is all we can do isn't it?
Look after yourself, thinking of you.
Kate
x

PCUK Nurse Dianne

Postby PCUK Nurse Dianne » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:14 pm

Hi Deb,

I wanted to say we are thinking of you today, and realise this is still such a difficult time for you and the family. I am sure it does not matter if it is 1 month, 1 year or 5 years down the track, the intense emotions still persist. On behalf of Jeni and I we are so pleased to have you as a great member of our 'forum family' and you have bought a lot of support and hope to others, so thank you for making this time for everyone else when you are still grieving yourself.

Take care of yourself and hopefully you will be able to enjoy that May day holiday.

Best wishes,

Dianne & Jeni,
Support Team

J_T

Postby J_T » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:49 pm

It must be incredibly hard and I can only reiterate what the others said. Be kind to yourself. Your Cornwall trip sounds very special.

It's at times like this you understand the value of family. I was struck, on our first appointment with the onc, people coming and going for their chemotherapy and two older ladies, each on their own, waiting for an ambulance to take them home and I hoped and prayed there would be someone at home waiting for them.

Julia x

Cathy

Postby Cathy » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:16 pm

Hi Deb

I am only a recent poster on this forum but have seen some of your messages of support for others and moved by what you have gone through yourself at losing your partner so young.

Your are clearly a brave and strong person and I hope your visit to Cornwall is really special and goes fabulously.

Cathy xx

DRAD3

Postby DRAD3 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:19 pm

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I have got such a lot from supporting others - feeling helpful after feeling so utterly helpless. I am sure others feel the same. The forum family is such a special thing - I know it really does make a massive difference to people going through the most difficult of times. Keep going everyone.
lots of love
Deb
xx

karen17

Postby karen17 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:58 pm

Hi Deb,
I'm not a regular poster but I have read all your posts since Bob's diagnosis last November and have always been struck by your kind wise words. I have wondered where you were over the past week and now understand why. You are a very special lady Deb and I wish you well for your forthcoming trip. Take care xxx

laura

Postby laura » Mon May 13, 2013 12:20 am

hi everyone, deb so lovely to hear from you, thanks, so understand how you feel sometimes about just not being able to post, my reasons obviously so differant to yours, mine are visions of my son at the end, so very difficult to erase those darned images.
on a lighter note, and apologies to others on here having such a difficult time, we saw onc on thursday and they dont want to see bri for six months now, so good news for us, hes keeping real good, still gets tired, but does seem to be improvinng, we had a\ week in turkey, came back 3rd may, he coped better than me with the walking etc?? i seem to be falling apart at the seams and inbetween, lol two weeks b4 we went he had numb leg, still has, and has got drop foot!!! 1 wk b4 he had a t.i.a !!!! the things he does to get more attention. anyway hosp visits, mri, stroke nurse apps etc etc, had very good attention, and all seems fine, thank goodness.
deb have not had my comp working since b4 hols, wished i had known you were visiting our neck of the woods, might have been able to have a coffee,? perhaps its not what you could have coped with, and do so hope it was all you wanted it to be xxx will really try and get back to trying to help others if i can, still feel a bit uncomfortable, when so many are having such devastating news.
however my love to you all, old friends and new posters. anyone heard from morwenna??
much love debs, laura xxxxx

Cathy

Postby Cathy » Mon May 13, 2013 10:51 am

Hi Laura

Wow!! 6 months!! I can't wait to tell Jonathan. I read some of your earliest posts and you said that some of the scans showed stability and not reduction - Jonathan's first showed stability and we hope for reduction in future. He would be so boosted to know that the chemo has been so successful for Bri.

Hope Turkey was lovely.

Lots of love

Cathy xx

J_T

Postby J_T » Mon May 13, 2013 12:57 pm

Hi Laura
What absolutely brilliant news! Long may it keep coming. You and Brian are an inspiration!

Julia x

KATB

Postby KATB » Mon May 13, 2013 1:52 pm

Wow, awesome news and of course it brings hope to us all so thank you so much for posting.

Keep us updated!

Kate
x