positive thoughts

Theresa Upton

Theresa Upton
:D :D Hi, as some of you are aware I was diagnosed with PC and liver Mets in Oct 2018. I have just completed 6 rounds of folfirinox and the results of my midway scan will be discussed with me at a meeting with my oncologist tomorrow. I find that the chemotherapy is tough going and the side affects, although horrible, are manageable. Over Christmas I had a chemo break of one month and I was so well and so full of energy it was great and to a degree my levels of energy have remained good. I am walking every day and today I played golf for the first time since becoming unwell in August 2018, my game is still c--p but I managed to play 9 holes quite comfortably and I am hoping that this means that my scan results will be positive tomorrow. When I was diagnosed I was told that if I did not have treatment I would last 3 to 5 months but with treatment I could expect to see 5 to 10 months, I feel so well, no pain, no jaundice, all the weight that I lost has been regained and I am living quite a busy life. I sometimes think that I have been misdiagnosed but I really know that is wishful thinking, lets hope tomorrow brings some happy news and a longer prognosis. :) :)

Good Luck tomorrow Theressa 😀 we hope your news is good .....my husband has his midway review on Friday, he too is remarably well and in his words he says he has never felt unwell, (except for the chemo side effects) sending positive vibes and hope all goes well.

Ann W

Theresa Upton

Thank you Ann, I wish your husband all the best for Friday, lets hope its positive news all around. This cancer has such a poor prognosis, positive stories are always great to read.

Good luck

Theresa

Good luck tomorrow Theresa.

Our Oncologist has always told Kerry that if she is feeling well and essentially leading a normal life then that is a good sign regarding the activity levels of the cancer. That has proven to be the case every time for us thus far. Eating well and gaining weight are both positive signs. Even though she had to go back to chemotherapy after 3 months of no treatment, the amount of disease activity in that time was minimal.