A forum for advanced pancreatic cancer issues

Moderator: volmod

Forum rules
Please see the messages in our "Rules" section

The posts on this discussion board are made by members of the General Public and are not intended to constitute medical advice
LMD

Re: So frightened for my Dad

Postby LMD » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:28 pm

Dear Kate
So, so sorry for your loss.
Sending you much love and strength for the coming months.

Xxx

Fifi

Re: So frightened for my Dad

Postby Fifi » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:30 pm

Kate,

It really is those times you need to try and think of. Easier said than done, but it is those glances with your Dad that you need to treasure.

My Dad's last week, he was unable to speak as he had a stroke, which I saw. We shared some very precious moments in that week. I agreed to a syringe driver for Dad. I was telling him what the medications were going to be, and what they were for. I asked him if this was ok, as I was only guessing about his pain, and I didn't want to be wrong. He could only move his left arm at this time. He held his arm out and stroked my hair, and put my head on his shoulder and we loved each other for quite a while. Although he hurts me so deeply to think of it, because of the situation and how he was, I have ti take comfort in it, because I know how incredibly precious that moment was.

I think, no, I know, it would have been hard for your Dad to see you see him. He wouldn't want his little girl to see him like that. But I think he would have taken such immense comfort that you loved him so much, that you didn't want to leave him. Sometimes you don't need words to see such love.

Take care Kate,

Leila xx