Finally off to Oncology

hannie

After my mum found out she had pancreatic cancer on the 2nd January!

The having a dvt in the back of her knee and then had biopsy on the 27th January!

To then be rushed to hospital last Tuesday and now been in a ward for a week...haven't what's been wrong!

Think I've been scared to ask well today I was upset my mum's side room a mess and be told gad a fall. So I was like why didn't I have a phone as I had previously. Me and nurse got rather defensive but after time calm she came back and I think she realised we didn't know what was happening! She kindly got a doctor to come speak to us which I appreciated.

Even though that meant find that the liver biopsy came back postive but finally have oncology appointment and treatment!

Poor mum has been through so much...rushed in hospital just a combination of dehydration, medication and a infection. She's soo confused right but looks soo much better. Hope that she will be well enough to start some treatment.

Am just not ready for her to be gone yet.

I will probably post for advice when I know more! So glad to have this forum to know am not alone and mum isn't alone in this.

Hello hannie, sounds like your mum has had a bit of a rough time. I hope she's well enough for the treatment and that she can tolerate well and it will do some good.

Take care.

Julia x

I just can't understand WHY hospitals don't seem to understand we need to know what is happening, obviously we know they can't give us a complete run down every visiting time but a few short facts to keep us informed would help so much. I think sometimes we don't realise that we can ask to see the nurse in charge, or a Doctor and ask for information on a regular basis, all ways be a nuisance, if necessary of course, and ask ask ask.

I am glad Mum is starting to feel better, as Julia says lets hope she can start her treatment soon take care sandrax

Hi Hannie, sorry your Mm seems to have had a rough time. I hope (like Sandra and Julia) that your Mum can start treatment soon and that the staff give her (and yourself) a better level of treatment and information from here on in.

Steve

X

Thank you all soo much! Also thanks for understanding my poor typing lol

Is there anything I should be asking at the appointment?

I feel like I've not asked enough!

Oh we haven't got a oncology appointment today! The consultant is off this week!!

It's been 41 days since her disgnosed with pancreatic cancer! She has all this happened which they are saying it isnt connected to the biopsy just unfortunate it's happen after having one.

I know pancreatic cancer can advance quickly so why aren't doing anything then to do with the cancer ...