A forum for advanced pancreatic cancer issues

Moderator: volmod

Forum rules
Please see the messages in our "Rules" section

The posts on this discussion board are made by members of the General Public and are not intended to constitute medical advice
Cathy

Re: Jonathan's final performance

Postby Cathy » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:41 am

Thanks Steve,

Can't quite believe it's going to happen now but it seems it is going to. It may be organised chaos...! There will be photographic evidence I imagine.

And I hope to see you soon with one of the PCUK meetings?? I hope so.

Loads of love

Cathy xxx

Slewis7313

Postby Slewis7313 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:54 am

Thanks Cathy. We should be meeting on 9th October at last. After the meeting I am off to Wembley to watch England play San Marino. I am not really a football fan, but my colleagues and I are being treated by the Company as we have been productive boys and girls!

I expect the afternoon meeting will be more productive than the evening event!

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Steve
X

Cathy

Postby Cathy » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:53 pm

Thanks Steve,

Will look forward to that and I am sure the football will be great (sadly the eyes rolling smiley doesn't work any longer).

I'll be posting photos of the benefit onto the facebook page that has been set up for it. Don't want to give any more details for fear of falling short of forum rules but a search will bring it up.

For anyone in the dark about this, when my partner, Jonathan, died earlier this year we decided to do a benefit in the summer with proceeds to PCUK. The benefit is tonight.

Cathy

sandraW

Postby sandraW » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:46 pm

Hope you all have a wonderful evening Cathy and thanks for all your hard work take care sandrax

Birchen

Postby Birchen » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:28 pm

Hello Cathy. Hope the benefit goes really well for you all. Will contact and email you direct as suggested. Take care and keep your chin up. Lyn x

Cathy

Postby Cathy » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:24 am

Hi all,

I just wanted to post a quick update on Jonathan's benefit. It was FANTASTIC!! I started it off with a speech about Jonathan and why we had organised the evening and talked about PC then introduced the host. The event was hosted by a well known spoof comedian (forum rules I think prohibits me from giving names of the performers) who was a good friend of Jonathan and then we had friends get up and do a performance... Music and comedy. We had a raffle in the Interval with prizes including a holiday and a signed Corrie script (Jonathan used to be in Corrie). The second half was the same and the evening ended with a speech by Clara the deputy CEO from PCUK. It was a wonderful wonderful evening and Jonathan would have LOVED it. He was very present throughout the night.

Cathynxxx

Slewis7313

Postby Slewis7313 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:45 am

Cathy, I am sooooo glad it went well. Sounds like it was a really memorable evening and a fitting tribute. Can you give me a pointer to the Facebook pages to pick up the pictures please?

Steve
X

Didge

Postby Didge » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:32 am

So glad it went well. Nothing to stop you organising another one next year is there?! Now you know how to do it! Have a lovely holiday! x

EmmaR

Postby EmmaR » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:04 am

Congrats Cathy it must have taken a lot of your time to organise the event but sounds it was a success and I am sure it as helped rise awareness about PC I like Steve would like a link to Face book if poss .

Hope everyone here on the forum are coping with the ups and downs that are going on with PC it's very difficult for suffers and carers but you can only take one day at a time .

EmmaR x

nikkis

Postby nikkis » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:50 am

So pleased it went well Cathy, Jonathan would be so proud of you. I found the link by putting Jonathan, Facebook and Pancreatic Cancer into google.
Lots of love,
Nikki

jay

Postby jay » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:26 pm

Im so glad the evening went so well Cathy,
love Jayne
x

Slewis7313

Postby Slewis7313 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:53 pm

Margaret's found it on Google as well. I'll check it out later (been having a kip this afternoon!).

Steve
X

EmmaR

Postby EmmaR » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:19 pm

Thanks Nikkis found the link to cathy's page on FB with your goggle suggestion .
EmmaR x

Steve enjoy your kip x

Cathy

Postby Cathy » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:41 pm

Thanks everyone. That's really nice.

I'm now across the pond feeling a bit shattered. No wifi in the apartment so just catching up in a little cafe now.

Stay well everyone while I'm away

Cathy. Xxx