Last day of the year !

EmmaR

Well it's the last day of what as been for so many members a very unhappy one with so many of us losing wonderful husbands dad's mam's and siblings ,and so many still bravely battling this awful awful disease so let's Hope as it's the only thing we have that 2014 will bring us some good new's and even the smallest breakthrough in the fight against PC .

Wishing you all a Happy and as healthy as possible New Year and let's raise a glass to absent friend's .

EmmaR x

Hi Emma

Wishing you a happy New year too.

2013 has been the worst year of my life and life will never be the same again without my lovely Dad. All I hope for in 2014 is health, happiness and for a miracle cure for pc.

Raising a glass to our absent forum friends and sending strength and courage to all those fighting this horrific disease.

Julie x

Hi Emma and all

As Her Majesty put it a few years ago "Annus Horribilis"!!

Still even now many of us have much for which to be thankful. For some it is the wonderful memories of their loved ones who have sadly been taken by this cruellest of illnesses and the amazing support offered by their own and the Forum family. For others it is those little milestones they have managed to pass on their way to the end of the year. My own particular joys have been being able to get to visit our friends in Lanzarote in late November, seeing my granddaughter' s first day at school and her as a "Star" in their nativity play. Never really thought I'd see Christmas when given my initial prognosis of 3 to 4 months back in May but lovely meal out with close family on Christmas Day followed by a really great gathering of 14 of us for lunch on 28 th! You'll all be able to empathise with my distress that this clashed with "one of those days" so I had to retire hurt after eating my main course.

A big feature has been the strength of those in the advanced guard like Swansea Steve, Mark and Sarah's Mum along with others pushing the boundaries to obtain different treatment and I'm looking forward to January 8th when two of them undergo nano-knife with Professor as I've just made my first tentative steps to investigate this exciting new treatment.

Praying that we see major advances in diagnosis techniques and treatment in 2014 and wishing you all the very best for the year ahead!

Love and Peace

Mike

How nice Emma, and well said Mike.

Not much to add about the year I've had but want to wish you all a happy and healthy New Year. I'm looking forward to reading about some successes this coming year.

Good luck to those having, or researching ground breaking treatments. Go get em!

Jx

PCUK Nurse Jeni

Same here - not too much to say after Mike's lovely post, and all the others as well. But, from all of us at PCUK, and in particular the Support Team, I would like to wish you all the best 2014 possible.

Keep on keeping on!

Jeni.

Happy New Year Everyone!!

May 2014 be filled with Joy, Peace and Happiness but if by some mischance it's not then "Keep On!"

Twice blessed last night as I saw the New Year in with my wife, son and his fiancee and then in bed listened to the inspirational Steve Evans on Five Live. Suffering from terminal stomach cancer that has now spread to his liver his courage and quiet humour are quite amazing and he features in interviews with Richard Bacon who makes no secret of his admiration for how Steve copes in such difficult circumstances. One thing to which he refers is the unique bond shared with others who are terminally ill but maybe more importantly how important messages of support and love are to us all.

Love and Peace

Mike

I found yesterday unexpectedly hard. :(

In the evening I also got a message from a Facebook friend that her brother died on 30th Dec of stomach cancer that had spread to his brain. He was 31, diagnosed in January and married in July. The symptoms and side effects are, in his case anyway, very similar to pc.

What can you say? 2013 can just right off!

Love to all

Jx

Well said Julia..

Jonathan isn't so well at the moment (I'll update my own thread soon). He was diagnosed Dec 2012 (advanced PC) so 2013 for us has been a steep learning curve and a battle being bravely fought by him. I can't believe here we are, at the start of a new year when 2013 seemed so bleak.

Although I dread what 2014 may bring for us personally, I have always said that I believe in hope, for all of us, and so I wish a happy and healthy new year to everyone on here.

Cathy xx

Yep 2013 was horrific and the first Xmas without my lovely dad was rubbish! Facing a new year without him is horrible also. Sending strength to those fighting this vile diseases and loving thoughts and memories of those that have been taken xxx