Devastated

charney

I am so sorry to hear this. I am afraid a lot of us are plagued with 'what ifs' - in my bf's case the first big one was how come the GP didn't diagnose it months ago or even a year ago when all us lay people diagnosed it with one google! I will be thinking of you xxx

Hi Cheryl

So sorry to hear of Steve's difficulties and his latest setbacks are a real kick in the teeth for you both. My sincere good wishes for the successful treatment of his internal bleeding so they can continue with his blood thinners to disperse the clots and get on with his chemo.

It is so distressing when it seems the professionals have failed to give a fellow sufferer every possible chance to fight this disease but alas it carries with it so many of these damned complications that seem so often to hit us at the worst possible time. Keep the faith Cheryl, I'm sure Steve really values and relies on your support and I know how hard it must be for you to stay strong in the face of so much bad news.

Love and Peace

Mike

Yes Cheryl, I echo what Mike says. It seems all too often patients are badly let down, I don't know what the answer is but it's so shocking to me.

Hoping they can get Steve's bleed sorted so he get started on some treatment.

Julia x

my dear cheryl, i could not, not reply to your post. i just do not know what to say to you, my love to you both, and so many whishes of strength coming your way, it just HAS to get better for you both.

hear we/i are 4 years from diagnosis, and so many of you are relaying horrifying scenarios, have things not improved at all in the last 4 years concerning better diagnostic outcomes????

truly, all my fellow patients /posters/ carers, i wish you all so much luck care and peace, i feel so humbled. laura xxxx

• 4 weeks later...

another loved one lost to this dreadful disease. My lovely husband Steve

Lost his battle yesterday morning, just 11 weeks from diagnosis. my heart

Is breaking and I just don't know how I am going to cope without him.

he was so so brave

Cheryl

Dear Cheryl,

I am so sorry to hear that Steve has lost his battle. With such a short time from diagnosis it all seems so unfair. I can't think of anything that can offer any comfort, but we are thinking of you and your children,

best wishes,

Nikki

So very sorry Cheryl that you have lost your beloved husband. Cannot believe that he only had 11 weeks from receiving the dreadful news that he had PC. Such a lot of people with this illness seem to go through very similar problems as it progresses with clots etc

Nothing can prepare you for the loss of your partner and I know a lot of the people on this forum are going through exactly the same. Thinking of you. Take care Lyn x

Oh dear Cheryl,

I walked your path when my hubby died 8 weeks after diagnose on November the 19th he too had a clot it's the same end for all our loved ones ,you will cope but can't' pretend it will be easy but we are all here for you whenever you want to vent your anger and bloody angry you will be ! but be strong and take care .

Emma xx

Dear Cheryl

So very sorry to hear that your beloved Steve has lost his battle with this most awful disease. Your love and support will have been a great comfort to him during these bleak weeks and I cannot begin to understand how you are feeling.

All of us on the forum will be praying for you and sending you our love and virtual hugs as you try to come to terms with your loss. God bless you and help you stay strong.

Love and Peace

Mike

Hi Cheryl

So sad to hear the news about your beloved husband, you must be completely devastated. I lost my dad only 13 weeks after diagnosis, this horrible disease is just so unfair. Sending you virtual hugs and strength for the days and weeks ahead.

Julie x

Carole McGregor

I am so sorry for your loss Cheryl. You and Steve had such an awful time of it. I don't know if it is of any help to you at all but I think often of the words spoken at my husband's funeral - today your loss and grief is very raw. In time, if you allow it, you will move to a gentler place, a place where you can enjoy your good memories of your husband and dad. He was a very fine man and he would have wanted the best, the easiest path for you. That is his legacy.

I'm not quite there myself but hope that we both, together with our friends on this forum who have also lost a loved one recently, get there eventually.

Love

Carole

Hi Cheryl,

So very sorry to hear of another brave man lost and another family turned upside down and devastated. I too am walking your path and it is really hard but as Carole says one day we hope to get through this and for the pain to become bearable.

Take care and keep,using the forum.

Bee x

Hello Cheryl,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, this is a truly awful disease. As others have said, the road ahead is not an easy one to follow, but you will find the strength to put one foot in front of the other. After 5 months, I stumble frequently, but know my husband would want me to carry on.

My thoughts are with you and your family,

Hilary

thank you for your replies and thank you for your help

In the last few weeks. Things are not easy we are all taking

One day at a time. I am so proud of my son and daughter, they

Are truly amazing people and I know Steve would be too

Hugs and kisses to all those on the same path and love and

Best wishes to all who are continue this journey . Let's all

Hope that someone will one day find a cure for this evil

Disease.

Xxxxxxx

PCUK Nurse Jeni

Dear Cheryl,

I am very sorry to hear of the passing of Steve. As others have said, there are no words really that a person can say at such a devastating time.

Please accept my personal condolences, as well as those of the wider charity. We are thinking of you.

And to all the other ladies on here who have lost their loved ones in the recent months, thank you for your support and care for one another, as you walk similar paths. I am sure it means so much to each one of you to have others who understand how you feel.

Take care all,

Jeni, Support Team.

Dear Cheryl

I am so very sorry to hear your terrible news. Having only last month lost my man to this disease I know how you must be feeling, the pain is raw and intense.

Take comfort if you can from knowing that you did all you could and take comfort from friends and family who offer it. I can't offer much other advice other than take small steps and do what you feel like doing not what others think you should be doing (or even what YOU think you should be doing if you don't feel like it). Sadly many of us on here have lost our partners over the last few months and understand how you will be feeling. You may feel alone in your grief but know that we are here for you, and for each other.

Cathy xxx

• 4 weeks later...

My family and I have decided that we are going to do the Great Wall Trek for Hope this year in October, in order to raise money for Pancreatic Cancer UK. We have decided to after my dad, Steve was diagnosed in December 2013 and sadly passed away on the 17th February 2014, at the age of 54.

We are determined to raise as much money between us as we can, and will be doing all sorts of different fundraising activities to get to our target.

Please sponsor us, all donations go to Pancreatic Cancer UK, even if it's just a small amount, every £1 counts towards our target.

Go to: http://www.justgiving.com/Georgie-Mussell

Thank you

Georgie Mussell

PCUK Nurse Dianne

Well done Georgie,

You are an inspiration and I am sure your father would be so proud of you. We all hope that the Trek goes well and I am sure the fundraising team are taking great care of you.

Wishing you all the best on your fundraising and eventual trek.

Dianne

Support Team

• 5 weeks later...

So so proud of my daughter and niece. Both have appeared on

Our local radio station to spread awareness for this awful disease

Steve would have been too

Cheryl xx