New lab results

washingtonmike

washingtonmike

Hi folks: I got a prelim ct-scan result from my oncy's partner today when I went in for a PICC dressing change. We did the scan last Friday and my oncologist is on vacation for the next couple of weeks. In the meantime I'm on chemo break for more than a week now after 5 treatments of Folfirinox.

Lab says metastasized tumor no longer appears on scan. Doc says consider it gone. The primary site on my pancreas remains and radiologist offers these comments:

"Pancreatic tail malignant mass is stable in size. There is tumor encasement of the celiac bifurcation, splenic artery, and splenic vein. There is tumor abutment on the superior mesenteric artery. No evidence of metastic disease."

Also

"There is no portacaval or porta hepatic lymphadenopathy identified. There is no retroperitoneal lymphadenopathy. The spleen is normal-appearing. There are no adrenal lesions. The kidneys are in the nephrographic phase. There are no solid enhancing masses or cysts. There is no hydronephrosis. The ureters are nondistended. The urinary bladder is decompressed.

The stomach, small bowel, colon, and rectum are nondistended. The previously-seen omental mass is no longer indentified today. There is no mesenteric lymphadenopathy identified. There are no lytic or sclerotic bony lesions. Soft tissues are otherwise unremarkable."

May I safely interpret all that to say everything's fine but for the blasted pancreas?

Any sane (or even slightly insane) comments appreciated.

Cheers all. Mike

Hi Mike,

I am most certainly not a doctor but from what I do understand it all sounds good as you say apart from the blasted pancreas!!

For such a small part of the anatomy it most certainly causes lots of strife in all of our lives!

Glad you have had good news and you do something nice to celebrate some steps in the right direction

Regards

Bee x

PCUK Nurse Jeni

Hi Mike,

Nice to hear from you!

Great results really! Well done! Really great response to chemo. The pancreatic mass, although still there, they have said it is stable in size. There is not a lot more that you could ask for, to be honest. This is a wonderful result from the chemo, with the disappearance of the omental mass - Hurray!

Stable disease is a brilliant result - more of the chemo might work on the pancreas, but it it keeps it the same, that is also very positive.

Something for you to celebrate Mike! Congratulations on some very good news!

Jeni.

washingtonmike

Thanks all for the very positive and uplifting comments. I tend to be a bit cautious because it seems a bit "too good to be true" that in just 5 treatments the met tumor has disappeared? However, I celebrated anyway with a couple of friends over a nice dinner and a pint of Guinness (my weekly allowance). Onward and upward. Cheers, Mike