• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slewis7313

• J_T

• jay

• EmmaR

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Steve, just been catching up on your posts. Absolutely brilliant eh!. Have also posted on "bri's progress". Love to you and your family. Well done again. Did I ever say that BRI was born in Barry Island, then lived and worked in Cardiff. Xx

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies all for not having posted much over the last week, especially with so much going on. I have been reading the many updates and whilst catchup is impossible, I have been thinking about you all. Whilst not as bad as many here, I have had an unusually difficult week with a fair bit of ongoing sickness which now seems to have settled down.

There have been very positive developments on the Nanoknife front, with a good Liver MRI report which indicates the 12 spots seen last May are either no longer visible or less than 1/2cm, all down to Folfirinox. Armed with this information, I now have the green light for Nanoknife on 6th May. Everything is in place including payment through my insurance company. I have one more chemo session on 22nd April. We were concerned that my Tumour Marker was rising, albeit relatively slowly and I should have the latest numbers for that today (it was 325 on 9th March).

I will keep you all posted and as ever wish you well with your own personal fight with this thing.

Take care

Steve

X

Just received my tumour marker results whch have jumped from 325 to 609 in 4 weeks. My Oncologist therefore wants me to revert from the 3 week cycle back to a 2 weekly cycle. I see this happening after my Nanoknife.

Has anybody useful information regarding the effect of Nanoknife on tumour marker levels?

Steve

X

I didn't have my markers checked from Dec to May when having the Nanoknife in January, so I can't say for sure. I would have expected them to go down after perhaps a post treatment flare, as the tumour shrinks. Maybe whatever was causing the vomiting has increased the marker for a while.

My best wishes for May 6th.

Mark

Good luck for May 6th Steve I hope it all goes really well for you. Will be thinking of you and your family.

Love Sue x

Good luck for the 6th - not too far away. I've read really positive things about this treatment and it looks like you're in good hands!

Sue

Shorty to hear you're being sick, but good luck for he Nanoknife.

In regards to markers carls dropped from 200 and something to 70, 2 weeks after ablation the first time then to 31 2 weeks after that and then down to 13 for 7 months. This time they dropped from 645 to 240 in 2 weeks and they've not done them in the last month for some reason. But yes they have dropped nicely each time it's been done so hopefully yours will too!

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all for the comments. I started cycle 20 today and all went reasonably quickly (09:15 to 15:30). A bit of good news today was that the rapid marker increase seems to have slowed down. My last reading was 609 two weeks ago (a doubling from the previous result), but today's has only risen to 635.... a big smile on my face and puts me in a really good frame of mind for my Nanoknife on 6th May. Hoping for a good Summer!

Steve

X

PCUK Nurse Jeni

Hi Steve,

Excellent news all around!

On the 6th May - we will be all keeping our fingers crossed that the nanoknife will send a few big hitting messages to these tumours! Like, "get outta here"!!

Hope that things go really positively - you sure deserve it.

Jeni.

Hi Steve it is lovely to read some good news! I will be thinking of you and hoping it all goes well you certainly deserve it!

Good luck with it all,

Sue x

• 2 weeks later...
Slewis7313

Well.....it is finally about to happen. I am travelling to London tomorrow to undergo Nanoknife on Wednesday with Professor. Failing any last minute hitches, I will be admitted at 10:00 on Wednesday, to be zapped at 14:30 and released at 11:00 on Thursday. I will try and document the experience to be able to share it with your good selves. At this time, I am unsure how long it will take to assess the effect of the procedure, but again, I'll keep you posted.

PS Rob, they offered us a discounted rate for the Z bed of only £150 per night! They do however have a wide selection of quality wines!

Steve

X

Ah Steve that's wonderful news. I work quite near the hospital so will be especially sending positive thoughts your way! Hope it all goes well. Didge x