• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slewis7313

• J_T

• jay

• EmmaR

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks again. Margaret found a very helpful Pharmacist and came back with Daktarin which is already having some effect (a paste I rub on my tongue 4 times a day). I am not overly concerned with the sleep pattern now I am not working, but I do take Paracetamol for the good old piles which are quite painful. If I time the Paracetamol correctly, they also seem to assist with sleeping.

Steve

X

Daktarin just reminded me of Daktari an old tv prog about a lion lol,mbut I digress. Steve so good to hear you are still handling things so well and are succeeding in keeping things under control and have contingency plans too.

You continue to be an inspiration on this site with your positivity and kind and helpful words for others.

Keep on keeping on!

Much love

Julia x

Daktari was the first thing that came to mind for me as well Julia!

Just returned from a 'Barium Meal' test. The Doctor operating the equipment sat down with me afterwards and discussed what was found....basically nothing unexpected. The issues I had with sickness during the first and second cycles of Folfirinox were NOT down to any form of blockage. That is a relief, so we can crack on with the next cycles without the threat of any immediate surgical intervention. Another result methinks!

Steve

X

Good news Steve, peace of mind with this thing is worth its weight in gold.

Clarence the cross eyed lion, I never missed an episode as a child Cathy. He so often saved the day.

Slewis7313

More good news.... I am currently hooked up to the Furry Fox in the chemo unit and asked about my tumour marker. It was 2,100 four weeks ago and is now 766! One happy boy!

Steve

X

Great to hear your number is coming down. My dads number was 2653 in March and is now 779. You are doing really well Steve. You should book yourself another holiday to celebrate.

Leila xx

Thanks all. Funnily enough Leila, we have agreed a break in treatment of just one cycle and will be flying to Jersey for 5 nights on 27th August. As I am in the middle of treatment, we are not venturing too far away, but seriously looking forward to it especially in light of the great CA19-9 results.

I am at day 5 of my fifth Folfirinox cycle and it has settled down really well. No sickness at all, just manageable Neuropathy which improves daily, a little thrush and a great appetite. I certainly hope this is a sign of things to come.

Enjoy the rest of your weekends!

Steve

X

haven't been on here for a while steve but have been wondering how you were doing, fantastic news, chuffed for you, everything seems to be going in the right direction. sending heaps of positive vibes your way! Catherine x