Tummy upset from Morphine....

LindaH

Hi,

I'm here again with my stomach problems, but does anyone else have awful stomach pains which I'm 100% certain is because of the Morphine?

I never take anything on an empty stomach, I always have at least a biscuit before hand, but the old tummy isn't liking the Morphine one bit. I take 20mg in the morning and 20mg before bed, then will sometimes need a Co-Codamol 30mg/500mg during the night.

My tummy of late just feels upset all the time. Does anyone have a tried and tested solution on how to alleviate the tummy upset, something I can take.

I have been taking one Lansoprazole 15mg a day, but that isn't helping, but having said that it's just tummy ache, not indigestion.

I would be so grateful for some help.

Thanks again

Linda x

Sorry Linda I wasn't on morphin for very long and didn't experience the side effects you seem to be getting. Have you tried having a chat with the support team, I'm sure they would be able to advise.

Sue.x

PCUK Nurse Dianne

Hi Linda,

Sorry to hear you are having some problems with the Morphine that you are taking. I don't know if other patients have had problems with this, however I will email you with some questions that may be help to guide you through this.

Kind regards,

Dianne

Support Team

Hi Lynda

I don't have any experience with this but I hope you get it sorted and start to feel better soon! I'm sure the support team will help you, they are fab.

Take care

Morwenna x